• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday

Well happy 420 day. Justin’s only accomplishment, legalization of small amounts and you can grow a few plants.

Ok big week as I turned 60 a day ago, I will be identifying as a 50 year old from now on. Have been so busy since home. At 50 I got glasses, went and had eyes checked and they got me stronger ones again. Then dentist for check up. Now my Dr says at 60 I guess I’m a mild diabetic so life does change. Age is just a number.

My Favorite quote.

As you walk down the fairway of life
    Remember you must smell the roses,
    For You only get to play one round.

Ok who didn’t pay their carbon taxes in SE Saskatchewan because this snow event was epic and I want names so it doesn’t happen again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0230.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	780425

A politician who says a tax can change the weather is a con artist that’s all. It’s spring it’s transition and it’s a cold blustery day.

150000 Gov employees are on strike, did we miss anything today. Have the food stamps not been sent out Justin?

Canada has a problem and it walked out of parliament yesterday at 3:18:38 after getting schooled.

Space X is running a starship rocket test this morning. So cool, Elon is so cool and it was awesome him playing with CBC giving the, a gov funded tag. Well they are!

Ok the crop report.

Name:	IMG_0220.jpg
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	780426

Most were able to find their drills and get them dug out of the snow as last week the melt did happen. But with the latest snow I am now thinking the week of the 8 to 12 of May as a start day for us. They have the east side and Manitoba snow for two more days.

New wheat varieties are sold out or just about gone. Canola was suppose to be delivered but I canceled due to weather.

Yard was drying up but that’s on hold again. Did add this to construction equipment side, never thought it would be used but they left two to demo for a couple of weeks and well were sold. Now need a few more attachments.

Name:	IMG_4525.jpg
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	780427

Like I said we did some work last week moving drills and swapping out monitors.

Cleaned snow on site for new cold storage shed and started levelling site.

Name:	IMG_2894.jpg
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	780428

Was at a meeting and funny the main topic was land and how you couldn’t get a quarter or two in our area if you tried.

So what are others doing. East Saskatchewan is closed for another week.

Stay safe and check in on neighbours
    Last edited by SASKFARMER; Apr 20, 2023, 07:32.

Name:	IMG_4522.jpg
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	774937

Name:	IMG_4484.jpg
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	774938

Name:	IMG_4524.jpg
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	774939

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      Most were able to find their drills and get them dug out of the snow as last week the melt did happen. But with the latest snow I am now thinking the week of the 8 to 12 of May as a start day for us. They have the east side and Manitoba snow for two more days.
      That seems optimistic now. May 8th would be start date on a normal yr. Frost isnt even out of the ground yet here and with a week of subzero temps coming after, we will be lucky to start Victoria day.

Last year we seeded until June 8th, some went right to crop insurance deadline.

Comment

Name:	IMG_0231.jpg
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	774940

Always fun to watch.

I’ll bet on Elon over Trudeau or any Liberal.

Comment

Yes we will loose the next week for sure, you hope but looking more like Monday 15 th

Comment

this morning

Comment

The bobcat with snow box coming out today. Our lane has 4 foot snow bank. Snow plowing on April 20, that’s a first for us. Another 2 inches predicted for the day now.

Comment

I basically live on a 10 acre island and my road to the pasture keeps sinking out of site so the other day I decided to super grid it, I didn’t have any trouble finding unfrozen dirt, anyway this is what antique equipment looks like.

Comment

Sorry about the sideways pictures, the blade really comes in handy but I need a couple more remotes for the 6 way.

Comment

6-Way is tough.

Comment

Lots of snow,markets must think this means mega crop coming as prices continue to fall.

Comment

"Space X is running a starship rocket test this morning. So cool, Elon is so cool and it was awesome him playing with CBC giving the, a gov funded tag. Well they are! "

Things didn't go well for Elon this morning.

But they all cheered as they seemed to be happy just to get it off the launch pad.

SpaceX
                        @SpaceX
                        ·
                        1h
                        As if the flight test was not exciting enough, Starship experienced a rapid unscheduled disassembly before stage separation

[VIDEO]https://twitter.com/i/status/1649051098282594307
                        Last edited by shtferbrains; Apr 20, 2023, 09:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                          Lots of snow,markets must think this means mega crop coming as prices continue to fall.
                          States weather changed. No major freeze, and huge rain coming to the parched crops next Thurs.
                          What a joke!!
                          One farmer said his crops are dying heading out.
                          Let the crooks think we are stupid.

Comment

Main Grid has a 5 ft bank across it but someone got through and only left half the front end. I picked it up and made it through.

The highway was slow out to Fort got behind a truck with a flat deck and no 4x4 slow is the word.

Pushing the yard it's full and the drills we moved are full again.

Fun times

Comment

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...