• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice to see for you hard working folks!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see for you hard working folks!

It’s about time for cattle producers 👍

Comment

You mean somebody wants those farters? Sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
        You mean somebody wants those farters? Sarcasm
        It’s the ole 20-80 rule
        80% will still eat beef regardless, 20% think they will “force change “ …. LOL

Comment

👎 got to hell Klause

Comment

The first steers I sold almost 25 years ago I averaged $806 a head and sold at 7 months of age, two weeks ago I sold 20 yearlings for a little less than double that, 25 years ago diesel was about 0.36 cents a litre, feed grain was under 2 bucks, new pickup was under 30 grand, land was sub 30 a quarter.

We aren’t winning but I’ll take it.

Comment

Yep new RD baler I bought in 78 was $6700.00 don't think that would cover pymts. on new one every 6 months. Son is flipping some backgrounders next week we will see how much money is in the market. The ones we put on grass could be money losers maybe insurance might be safe option.

Comment

I have watched a lot of land lose its fences that in todays market would be a nice payday.

Comment

Those fences aren’t coming back. Even if markets were like the 90’s where cattle pencilled better than grain I don’t see the present group of farmers interested going into or getting back into cattle. It’s a different era now.

Comment

Farm Investment Risk Return Initiative did this projection:

Trudeau and the Liberal NDP are setting up to destroy the livestock sector… making them bankrupt (24B$ loss by 2030) forcing us humans to eat plant based protein … to “save the planet “ from climate change!

Astounding… everyone else on the planet get off virtually Scott free with little radical change…

What insanity…. Sustainably, required Carbon taxation of $150/t… to decarbonize North America… while the rest of the planet do virtually next to nothing in reducing their greenhouse gasses.

How long will people in North America accept this prescription for the virtual suicide of our heritage, culture, and economic prosperity?

Blessings and Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                      Farm Investment Risk Return Initiative did this projection:

How long will people in North America accept this prescription for the virtual suicide of our heritage, culture, and economic prosperity?

Blessings and Cheers!

https://www.agriresponse.ca/recent-issues/carbon-farming-the-way-of-the-future/

As the pressure to reduce carbon increases and the global financial system begins to require the adoption of certain practices as standard, Canadian financial institutions will likely give preference to borrowers who can demonstrate commitment to lowering carbon footprints and increasing resilience to climate change risks. This also means that agribusinesses (such as farm equipment and input suppliers, and also purchasers of agricultural products) will exert pressure on farms to adopt practices associated with carbon farming. Training and education on these topics will be essential to ensuring farmers retain autonomy over their farms, and that they can benefit from the current momentum in this area while simultaneously improving the performance and resilience of their operations to economic and climate change risk
                      __________________________________________________ ______________________________

farmers retain autonomy over their farms,

1) the head of the FCC who came from ESG leadership should scare the s/h/i/t out of everyone along with the above quote
                      2) banks are said to be already drafting "lending criteria" based on carbon farming

EU farmers are flipping out - what are you doing?

The ChuckE's of the world are still dividing and winning this fight...

Comment

Very interesting Larry…

Since farmers are now 1% of the population… we have virtually no practical political power …

People wanting to feed their pets meats could be a more stable market opportunity… as the population ages… pets replace children in families…

Immigrants are coming in scores… they have the children… engineered social manipulation… they often believe they are beholden to the Liberals/NDP… therefore vote for them… woke and broke…

Cheers

Comment

Never before in history will we see a further decline in herd size while prices rise. Perfect off ramp for many holding on for better times.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                            Those fences aren’t coming back. Even if markets were like the 90’s where cattle pencilled better than grain I don’t see the present group of farmers interested going into or getting back into cattle. It’s a different era now.
                            I agree , you can't auto steer a herd of cattle at the best of times. The other thing that has been pointed out is while cattle prices are up 25% , expenses are up 45%.

There is no incentive for young guys to build a cattle herd. Even with some land that has no other use than growing cattle or wildlife.

It is quite embarrassing to see the subsidies to dairy while completely ignoring the value of a cow calf guy to this country's economy.

Comment

Did Trudeau give cattle and hog guys access to interest free loans like they did grain farmers?

I don't think he is trying to break any one in AG given pay day loans and other things he has supported.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...