• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The “drought breaker”????

Interesting!

Comment

I hear this morning that AU cereal production now lowered to 29mmt down 30% from last year.

which means average was a bin buster in every state biggest year in history by fair margin

Comment

Weather forecast:

Jet stream next week:

Root zone this week:

30 day moisture:

This crop is a loooooong way from being in the bin!

Seeding Blessings

Comment

Bone dry and +25c for the next 7 days, not sure what’s coming but hopefully it is rain. Not even May yet. Green on the trees and 4 weeks earlier than last years cold spring.

Comment

Lots of drills going in far NW Sask already . Completely missed last weather system and had zero soil frost like most western Sask .
            I think far NE Sask much the same
            Soil temps warmer now than May 30 last year .

Comment

Forecasted to be a seasonal hot spring and no moisture expected.

https://weather.gc.ca/saisons/prob_e.html

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Lots of drills going in far NW Sask already . Completely missed last weather system and had zero soil frost like most western Sask .
                I think far NE Sask much the same
                Soil temps warmer now than May 30 last year .
                Such a different story here Our drill is still in a 3 ft of snowbank. Blew snow yesterday for two hours tryiing to dry yard up so cleaner can come next weekend.Bought a watermasterpump so we can start pumping yard tomm. if it warms up.In my 43 yrs. of farming this is the wettest i have seen for May 01.Looking at the 20th to start with no more precip.The BTO here have all bought a second or third drill.We are a month behind, so a warm, dry year would be great here.

Comment

What region are you in FCR?

Comment

West of Liberty ,Sk. We had 2 inches of rain last Oct then a foot of heavy wet snow first of Nov. so we went into winter wet, ground froze hard then lots of snow in winter.Add in the 18 in of wet snow last week. This week looks good for drying at least.

Comment

Yes vastly different from western Sask to eastern Sask .
                      If that forecast of being dry holds true , 1/2 of Sask and Alberta are completely screwed, especially areas that had poor crops 3 years in a row already .
                      Guys are seeding here on lighter land so they don’t lose the moisture that’s there now .

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
                        Such a different story here Our drill is still in a 3 ft of snowbank. Blew snow yesterday for two hours tryiing to dry yard up so cleaner can come next weekend.Bought a watermasterpump so we can start pumping yard tomm. if it warms up.In my 43 yrs. of farming this is the wettest i have seen for May 01.Looking at the 20th to start with no more precip.The BTO here have all bought a second or third drill.We are a month behind, so a warm, dry year would be great here.
                        This is the driest I have saw our land so soon after snow gone , unreal. And in the ex-swamp

Comment

We toured the Wascana Flats south of Richardson/Kronau/LA(that’s Lajord), and we’re pleasantly surprised. We thought we’d see miles of water when instead we saw very little water. Big Surprise, give us ten warm windy days and we’ll be getting Crop 23 in de ground especially Lentil stubbles.

Comment

Will be lots of rednecks for anybody getting equipment ready to go here this week.

Still snow in the tree lines but mid 20 summer like temps will see some going here this week.

Might even green up some grass.

Comment

Rain for the next week… ending next Monday…

Wheat over sold…

Wow… how the mighty wheat market has fallen!

Blessings and Prayers

Comment

Weather this week:

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...