• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

34 Quarters south of Grenfell.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

34 Quarters south of Grenfell.

Auction of 34 quarters south of Grenfell with feedlot starting to close in 2 hrs. Team auctions. Looks like mediocre land and this type of ground will be the first to go down in price so this auction is worth watching. So far it is looking like down is the new trend in land prices but there usually is a lot of bidding near the end.

Is that the Nilson Bros auction?
    They own land all over, have several townships near me.

Comment

Yes it is and yes not very great land

Comment

Like a cousin said years ago on a road trip in sask checking out farms, if you see cows just keep on driving.

Comment

What about horses? Better sell the pony, it may reflect badly.

Comment

A recent sale in the Shaunavan Sk area reportedly brought $4500+/ acre for multiple quarters. Bidding war between a Hutterite colony and the singing brothers I was told. Lots of cash buying land as it seems rising interest rates haven’t slowed anything down. Large farms just getting larger. Some unbelievable farm infrastructure being built as well would indicate an abundance of optimism in this industry and maybe a wee bit of disconnect. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander View Post
              A recent sale in the Shaunavan Sk area reportedly brought $4500+/ acre for multiple quarters. Bidding war between a Hutterite colony and the singing brothers I was told. Lots of cash buying land as it seems rising interest rates haven’t slowed anything down. Large farms just getting larger. Some unbelievable farm infrastructure being built as well would indicate an abundance of optimism in this industry and maybe a wee bit of disconnect. 😉
              There was one quarter north of Shaunavon that went for $5300/ac.

Comment

An abundance of oil and gas revenue never hurt the land prices down there either.

Comment

Angelic bought 3 quarters for over $400000 a quarter, guys better jump on renting it.

Comment

Quarter out may way of decent quality went for 690000. Some Alberta guy bought it. Thought perhaps Angelic but he doesn’t generally spend that kind of money on land. Works out to just under $5000 per cultivated acre with a few wells to boot. To get 8% return he’d need to rent for $325 per acre. Wonder if it’s Chinese money cleaning

Comment

$700,000 near Aberdeen, SK now. Not the best land.

Comment

A lot of people seem to overlook the obvious.
                        Land inflation like everything else.
                        Anyones guess for how long (like every other investment) but even with zero rent the last few years it’s been a hard investment to beat.

Not that that does farmers who aren’t selling much good but in terms of investments can’t blame folks for wanting to own good grain land.

Still think land prices make more sense than what combines and everything else has done in price.
                        Should I mention stone pickers?
                        Zero difference in how and what a stone picker is in the last 25 years a 7200 Degelman is still a 7200 Degelman
                        But the price has at least tripled if not quadrupled.

Biggest mistake being made in the “over priced” farm land is the local farmers that stand there when something is open and fair to the public like an honest auction and watch outside investors buy it.
                        But then rush out and bid each other up on rent.
                        Last edited by quadtrac; Apr 7, 2023, 18:12.

Comment

$4500/ac for land at Shaunavon? What were yields like around there the past two years? 10 bu/ac.? Gotta lay off the hard drugs. Where was the cash coming from for this? FCC. I rent marginal land and one field I rent produced 53 bu/ac of oats last year because it did not rain there after July 1 so a crop that looked good produced well under what the expected yield. It is solenetzic and normally oats do relatively well on that type of land and I would have expected 80-100 bu/ac on it. No way I would pay $2000/ac for land like that. My other field of oats (also rented) in the same area was 60 bu/ac for the same reason so there was a small crop insurance claim but still.

Comment

On Telemiricle the saying is “where are we going .. higher”.

Everything is out of control and until the buying of all high priced land and equipment stops or slows the arrow will continue in an upward direction. Interest rates aren’t slowing this down so not sure what will?

Doesn’t matter to me, I’m done buying. I have everything I need. Maybe time to cash in.

Comment

Mother nature takes care of high prices eventually.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...