• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X9’s at Redhead

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X9’s at Redhead

Buddy asked me if I saw the x9 at our local Redhead. Thought it was April fools but no it was there. Apparently they somehow ended up with 11 of them from Monettes flip to JD. They’re spread across all the dealerships in hopes they will move. Under 400 hours for a smokin deal of $1,006,500.00.

Flip them quick before a payment is due. If you ever wonder how the BTO's do it: this is how. A $1M combine and a $10000 unit have the same productivity when on the road.

Comment

Monette can’t drive used crap. Its new or bust on that ranch…..

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
        Monette can’t drive used crap. Its new or bust on that ranch…..
        They aren't exactly easy on their new stuff, their trades tend to look rough.

Comment

There are 3 on redhead Melfort alone

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            There are 3 on redhead Melfort alone
            Scott likes to bug the Green guys.

Comment

Punched some numbers into the lease calculator out of curiosity. No idea what they would allow for residual on something like that, or what the interest rate currently is, but I would consider this a best case scenario.

On 3000 acres, $52.96 per acre.
              On 3500 acres, $45.93 per acre.
              Good luck if trying to do more acres than that in this area per machine. The weather might beat you. On top of this, warranty runs out soon, and you are on the hook for the repairs also while making the payments, likely to the tune of $10 per acre per year to keep the machine reliable.

I’m having trouble wrapping my head around this as currently my payments are $10 per acre and my repairs are $10 per acre. And I’m only a 2000 acre farm, so I’ll just have wait 10 years and buy it for $100k at a Ritchie Sale. Seems, it doesn’t matter the new price, they are all just a little over $100k in 10-12 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimeOperator View Post

Punched some numbers into the lease calculator out of curiosity. No idea what they would allow for residual on something like that, or what the interest rate currently is, but I would consider this a best case scenario.

On 3000 acres, $52.96 per acre.
                On 3500 acres, $45.93 per acre.
                Good luck if trying to do more acres than that in this area per machine. The weather might beat you. On top of this, warranty runs out soon, and you are on the hook for the repairs also while making the payments, likely to the tune of $10 per acre per year to keep the machine reliable.

I’m having trouble wrapping my head around this as currently my payments are $10 per acre and my repairs are $10 per acre. And I’m only a 2000 acre farm, so I’ll just have wait 10 years and buy it for $100k at a Ritchie Sale. Seems, it doesn’t matter the new price, they are all just a little over $100k in 10-12 years.
                Wonder what happens to all the older than ten yr equipment. When I was looking for an older combine I was told they scrap anything that I would be interested in they want you to buy newer more expensive stuff. Even had one guy tell me if I couldn't afford a newer combine I shouldn't be farming.

Comment

Problem that lots aren’t realizing is companies are all going to build what is sold. nothing will be sitting new on lots. no more floor plan 10 combines and then get a discount to sell. discounts are gone. GMC Ford etc are following suit. so start looking at guys like monets trades or order new and hope to get. very little will be available. i traded a drill off on friday late and it was sold monday by 9 am.

those combines are part of the case/Deere/farm leaving agreement.

Comment

RB is the dealership that looks after combines 10 and older. ALL colors same warranty applies (LANEWAY ).

Comment

Nothing computes in cost per acre/hour. Do your math before you stick your neck out. Ridiculous.

They can all go TITS up, best thing ever. Phuck the manufactures and their games, BIGGER BIGGER BIGGER, no society left.

Comment

These combines are to replace 1.5 to 2 of your old combines. Doesn't work otherwise.

Neighbor is at 7,000 acres per machine. Finished about the same time as the rest of the neighborhood.

These aren't for smaller farmers. We farm 9,000 and can't see a fit for our operation.

Comment

If you tried 7000 ac here in the swamp you would be needing help

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            If you tried 7000 ac here in the swamp you would be needing help
                            How many case combines are required for the swamp for 7000 acres? Knowing that I can tell you how many X9’s or 8800’s are required…..

Comment

Two is better than one even to have a third one kicking around. Having one combine and it breaks down everything stops

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...