• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brics .....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality check says we are in the digital currency age…

Can Sign any contract over the phone / internet…legal documents…

Direct Deposit cheques by phone;

EFT direct to bank on grain payments;

Internet direct payment for purchase of items ; one phone call email after loading the purchased item… with in 15 minutes direct confirmation of transfer of funds to seller’s bank account…

Can pay all farm our bills EFT now, the pandemic did create a digital currency/ payment system… and
    with ATB Credit Union’s in Alberta… 100% of funds guaranteed… all automated.

Brave new world… for those with “courage “ !!!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
      . That is what I fear cause we have bozos leading us as well.
      The bozos are so crooked they can sleep in an auger...

Comment

Courageous you say? Twice now within a year my MasterCard has been compromised. Last year some one bought a $3500 Apple Pay on my card, big job getting that charge cancelled, now last month on the new card, some one in Dublin used it six times and charged almost $4000 to this card. My dentist said everyone in the office has been hacked, one had charges for a greenhouse on his card just this week. It’s not uncommon at all, I can’t spend my life checking, hanging on the phone line for an hour and begging them to remove fraudulent electronic transactions. Life’s too short!

Comment

I get a new credit card # every year, bit of a hassle but also stops some of the auto renewing payments for things you don’t want (computer software on computer you don’t use, Sirius XM on a radio you don’t even own anymore, etc).

I think Visa is a little bit better on the fraud prevention as well, could be wrong though.

Comment

GM is getting out of Scotia VISA, and their points toward vehicles.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230405_103637_Reddit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	774839

Comment

Sort of looks like Brics versus America, am I right to assume that? Maybe the real world against the Wokies?

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                  [ATTACH]12305[/ATTACH]
                  I doubt Japan and Mexico are walking away from USD.

There are also likely others that do substantial business in USD like Turkey.

Comment

We were down in PV for 3 months this year and I can tell you they don’t want Canadian pesos or Mexican pesos, preferably USD. Interestingly the Mexican pesos appreciated over both the USD and the CDN this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                      We were down in PV for 3 months this year and I can tell you they don’t want Canadian pesos or Mexican pesos, preferably USD. Interestingly the Mexican pesos appreciated over both the USD and the CDN this winter.
                      Yup. The peso is going to strengthen a lot in the next decade as manufacturing moves from China to North America.

Comment

Mexico US relations have deteriorated significantly in the last month with Mexico's president calling out the Biden Admin for blowing up Nordstream 2 pipeline. Within 24h of that speech there were US state officials calling for US troops to be sent into Mexico to combat the cartels.

Its unfortunate that diagram I posted above is on the Mercator projection. The scales are way over exagerated in the northern hemisphere. For example, Greenland appears larger than the continent of Africa, when in reality Africa is 14 times the size.

Comment

Trouble with maps they show huge areas that nobody lives there and the one's that do never trade with the rest of the world anyway.
                          Last edited by Old Cowzilla; Apr 6, 2023, 06:45.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                            I doubt Japan and Mexico are walking away from USD.

There are also likely others that do substantial business in USD like Turkey.
                            Nobody is saying the USD will disappear, its role as a reserve currency (and financial weapon) will be diminished over time. Pound sterling is still here, but its a fraction of the worlds exchange.

If China wants a dozen trains of canola and wants to trade in their yuan, are we really going to say no to that.

It only makes sense that the medium of exchange is one of the currencies of the parties involved in the transaction. Thats base financial logic.

Comment

In the map above it appears that North America is larger than Africa when infact Africa is a 19% larger in landmass.

This should be the map used patented 1890, scales are correct and flight paths actually make sense.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230406_091459_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	774857
                              Last edited by biglentil; Apr 6, 2023, 09:23.

Comment

All boils down to whoever has the big guns or is buddies with big guns on who's $ we use otherwise instead of buying our stuff they will just take it . Just like what's happening just east of us on the other side of the pond.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.