• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat

Is Russia going to cut off the Black Sea region from exports, or allow shipping to continue? My gut says some black swan is going to happen in the wheat market. One elevator in particular very interested in how much wheat I have left, and what price I will sell it for. They keep calling every couple weeks to see if I will finally let it go. When I say I will wait, they keep saying it is just going to continue to drop. I don’t really deal with them much/at all. Hauled a couple loads there once a few years ago. Seems odd to me.

Maybe things will start rocking once USA winter wheat starts coming out of dormancy and the winter kill story starts coming out?
    Last edited by flea beetle; Mar 13, 2023, 16:11.

Russia has agreed to extend but only for 60 days.

Comment

Originally posted by oldjim View Post
      Russia has agreed to extend but only for 60 days.
      Did they actually agree? I thought it was they would extend 60 days if some of their needs/demands were met. Russia proposed an amendment to the 120 day deal and I don’t think Ukraine has accepted yet.
      Last edited by flea beetle; Mar 13, 2023, 17:56.

Comment

The commodity bull market is far from over. We are in the process of making lows this month into next. Wheat will likely be the leader. Doubt we see new highs before new crop though.
        So says the unbiased poster who still has 3/4 of his wheat in the bins unpriced, so I'm not talking my position at all...

Comment

Here's what both sides are saying about the 60 day extension:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2023/03/13/russia-agrees-to-60-day-black-sea-grain-deal-extension-a80466

https://kyivindependent.com/news-feed/russia-ready-to-extend-the-grain-deal-for-60-days

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	eln.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	774714

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              [ATTACH]12166[/ATTACH]
              Although I do agree we are typically hotter and drier during an El Niño, all indicators that I follow point to a very wet June/July. Whether that happens remains to be seen, but I am hopeful. Will see if we get enough rain in early summer to carry us through to fall like this past year. Lord knows we need it!

Comment

Wasn’t 2009 and 2010 record rain fall events for southern Saskatchewan, both those years were El Niño years.

Comment

Something going on today with wheat
                  Some premiums the last hour

Comment

Commodity board wheat did full 180.

Was down 8 cents now up 14

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                      Wasn’t 2009 and 2010 record rain fall events for southern Saskatchewan, both those years were El Niño years.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	eL NINO 2023-03-14 094648.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	774717

Comment

Some wheat market dissection

https://millermagazine.com/blog/global-wheat-market-sits-on-a-powder-keg-5038

Comment

Read an article in the Western Producer back in Nov or Dec that thought the wheat market should rally in April.
                          Can’t remember who wrote it or their reasoning but thought I would hold my wheat till then and see if they were right.
                          Might be a mistake by me but should know in about a month.

Comment

Haven’t sold a kernel.
                            These crooks should be put away.
                            This little rally today is a joke, leave bin doors closed!!!!

Comment

Is it strange to anyone else that wheat is UP on news that the black sea corridor agreement should be extended for 60 days? Where did all the heavy selling come from in the lead-up to this news?

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              The commodity bull market is far from over. We are in the process of making lows this month into next. Wheat will likely be the leader. Doubt we see new highs before new crop though.
                              So says the unbiased poster who still has 3/4 of his wheat in the bins unpriced, so I'm not talking my position at all...

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
                              Haven’t sold a kernel.
                              These crooks should be put away.
                              This little rally today is a joke, leave bin doors closed!!!!
                              thanks for doing your part to support prices. lets hope you're some of the few that held, not the many.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.