• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

farm emploees

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

farm emploees

Is there just nobody left that wants to work on a farm any more Because it is getting hard to find any one had a employee hired but someone else stole him away.If any one knows of some one send him my way

It's not just farms. It's all businesses. It's the demographic shift with far more baby boomers retiring than young people entering the workforce. Strength in nearly all sectors locally competing. Bloated governments hiring taking even more people out of the productive economy. Farmers want to hire people with a class one, but thanks to regulations, truckers are in short supply.

Comment

My long term guy just moved on. Couldn't pay him the $100k he's getting elsewhere. And yup, that's what he's worth with the training he received. Any machine, any crop, Class 1.

Comment

my sons girlfreinds brother just gave a up cushy job. Working for a company that lays mains water for govt projects like pipes under major highways etc and also they fix burst water mains 24/7 on massive money when hes on call out in middle of the night to
        do repairs.

decided he wants to work on a farm 30% pay cut at least

Comment

Well I had my own business framing houses and had a five man crew working for me, I quit all that so I could play with cows, probably pretty close to 99% pay cut but I do believe I’m happier, sometimes!
          At least I keep telling myself I am.

Comment

It was pretty tough to hire good guys back then and now it’s almost impossible.

Comment

I knew an electrician that took a course on how to hire and keep someone, the first thing they told him was not to expect much because you won’t get much.

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
                my sons girlfreinds brother just gave a up cushy job. Working for a company that lays mains water for govt projects like pipes under major highways etc and also they fix burst water mains 24/7 on massive money when hes on call out in middle of the night to
                do repairs.

decided he wants to work on a farm 30% pay cut at least
                Lots of romantic souls who want to do the same.
                I had a neighbor who was a supervisor in oilfield construction. Sold their house and went to work on a ranch.

Another neighbor is a real cowboy, they work cattle on a community pasture, he has to hire cowboys to help. No shortage of wannabe cowboys.

Many of us happily gave up the day job to slave away at farming, many more have that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  Lots of romantic souls who want to do the same.
                  I had a neighbor who was a supervisor in oilfield construction. Sold their house and went to work on a ranch.

Another neighbor is a real cowboy, they work cattle on a community pasture, he has to hire cowboys to help. No shortage of wannabe cowboys.

Many of us happily gave up the day job to slave away at farming, many more have that goal.
                  He left on great terms been there for 7 years jobs here if ya wanna come back

Comment

Thirty five years of employing people in business and on the farm is now more challenging then ever. The labour pool today for domestic farm workers is almost non existent. Immigrant applicants present may challenges with language and communication barriers being the toughest hurdles to overcome. When hiring it seems that it has become more of a case of the applicant interviewing the employer than vice versa. Most don’t want the commitment to the long hour’s involved. Six figure salaries with housing provided still doesn’t attract a lot of talent. Time to tap out and enjoy retirement.

Comment

There are Mexicans willing to work in Canada. We talked to a fellow in Los Algodones who would like to come and work in Canada. Remains to be seen whether he can get a visa but he's trying.

Comment

Lots of guys coming to oz who have been driven off there farms in south africa and zimbabwie

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.