• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The cost of TransMountain pipeline!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cost of TransMountain pipeline!!

Article on CBC. Projected cost of the TransMountain pipeline is now $30.9 billion. Hard to believe. When KinderMorgan was going to build it $6.9 billion. Government takes it over and the cost more than quadruples! I can’t believe how incompetent government is at managing large projects. Looking forward to those who support big government on here defending this debacle!! Oh and then they will try to figure out how to give it to a consortium of Indigenous groups?!!

Like the cost of the vaccine app …..
    how most this Liberanos government has not been thrown in jail is bewildering

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
      Article on CBC. Projected cost of the TransMountain pipeline is now $30.9 billion. Hard to believe. When KinderMorgan was going to build it $6.9 billion. Government takes it over and the cost more than quadruples! I can’t believe how incompetent government is at managing large projects. Looking forward to those who support big government on here defending this debacle!! Oh and then they will try to figure out how to give it to a consortium of Indigenous groups?!!
      First thing the government did when they took over was to decide to use a heavier wall of pipe. This was despite already having the entire span ordered already.

I wonder what that change order cost?

It just goes to prove there is no such thing as efficient government.

Comment

Option 1 = $0 from taxpayers

Option 2 = $30.9 billion + lost royalties and opportunities due to several years extra for delays.

Where are the usual suspects who argue for more government being the solution?

Comment

I’m not surprised at the crazy cost overruns. The line runs across my in-laws and crosses a lot of roads out here. They literally do one step a year of the process. 2020 was for bird and frog surveys. Then 2021 they stripped the ROW and last year they put the pipe in. I assume they’ll put the stripping back and start reclamation this year……….maybe? They leave equipment parked at the roads for months at a time with light plants running around the clock and pay Samson Cree to cruise around as security constantly.

We had a big Natural Gas line pushed through our place a few years ago and it was a year from when disturbance started to when the dirt got put back. Only the government could botch a relatively simple process and drag it out five times longer than required. There’s still billions of work yet to do on it as well and years of time at the rate it’s progressing. Curious where the final tally ends up………. Whenever they get around to finishing it up😉

Comment

Bloomberg report:

Cheers

Comment

It has to be a money laundering scheme by now. Costs up 26 billion from original estimates???

Questionable for sure.

Comment

This Liberal government deliberately made this project more expensive and more time consuming so they can try and prove how it wasn't a good idea for it in the first place. steven guilbeault , johnathan wilkinson , and people like that in this twisted and fanatical liberal bunch of loonies will blockade , stall and sabotage anything to do with it.

When is this pain going to be over ?

Comment

Will anyone be able to afford to use it?
                  Fixed cost may be higher than Rail?

Seeing oil flowing through that pipeline is very low on PMJT priorities.

Using it as a demonstration that major projects are no longer possible in this country.

Comment

Whats worse than that, is in the mean time Trudeau has actually blockaded our resources in. He has put pretty much native run territorial govt in NWT, so forget about anything being built that way.

And MB are going to vote in the NDP commies again, so you can forget about Churchill.

And he has empowered the environmental lobby for a generation to come.

Going to be very hard to unring this bell. But people are going to find out, being stupid with your vote has consequences.

Comment

TransCanada’s Coastal Gaslink to Shell’s
                      LNG also way over budget. Originally planned for $6.6B is now up to $14.5, and expected to cost an additional $1.5B if construction drags into 2024. Unions and token native involvement have destroyed these projects. Sabotagers openly bragging about their destructive activities.

https://thetyee.ca/News/2023/03/01/Activists-Sabotage-CGL-Pipeline/

As for TransMountain, I have followed the route from Jasper-Valemount-Kamloop-Merritt-Hope for 3 winters and the amount of excess manpower and equipment is mind blowing, just unbelievable waste. As mentioned, token native security guards, parked yellow iron on day rate, multiple light towers aimed at the same spot of ground running 24/7, traffic control (necessary), constant snow removal and r/w grading (huge snowfall area). Macro moves equipment non-stop between FSJ and Hope, I doubt they are eating that cost.

Comment

It's possible Kinder Morgan very happy to get out. Many of the costs would have been there for them. Regulations and milking the system are over the top.
                        Govt built a helipad at our local hospital this past year. 6 months and easily $800k. Still not quite done.
                        Dirt work and gravel base was 3 months. My crew would've been a week.
                        The general was blatantly milking. It was awful. Most seem proud of screwing the system and the rest don't get it.

Comment

Maybe our oil industry needs to think out of the box a bit. 100M MT of grain is trucked from field to yard, then yard to terminal and then terminal on train to the coast every yr.

If I calculate 5.5M bbls per day oil production, these guys are moving out 2.5 times our annual production by weight. If we add in our potash production and movement (which is all rail) and our fertilizer handling, I bet the numbers are equal.

Surely they could move out 1/10th of their production by truck and rail. We do it. And no new rail lines have been built in a 100 yrs.
                          Last edited by jazz; Mar 11, 2023, 09:57.

Comment

To think about:

Cheers

Comment

Breakthrough:

Cheers

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.