• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how widespread texas oklahoma damage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how widespread texas oklahoma damage

Real bad as article suggests or small area?

Feel for em either way we get our share of dust storms

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post

https://www.agweb.com/news/crops/whe...undays-derecho
    Latest US Drought Monitor

Comment

Must have been fairly widespread as sinking wheat futures have had a nice reversal. Good thing as I have more wheat to sell.

Comment

Export demand due to much lower prices over last 10 days?

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post

https://www.agweb.com/news/crops/whe...undays-derecho
          Just happen to be down there now. Drove from Shamrock TX to Pierre S Dakota today. Texas is very very dry. The panhandle of Oaklahoma and Kansas are also very dry. The winds last week did a lot of damage to winter wheat. The only stuff that looks decent is some irrigation stuff. The cattle that usually are grazing winter wheat are being fed hay or grazing corn stalks. One guy told me where he usually gets 17 Inches of rain a year he has had 8 inches in the last 2 years. Saw lots of trucks hauling hay south with Texas plates on them.
          There was some building damage around Liberal Kansas that i saw from the winds. Was told that some of the dust storm was as bad as the 30's.
          Southern Nebraska still has some snow but there was no run off. The Sandhills have almost no snow and are dry. In South Dakota so far most of the snow is gone but no run off. The only river i saw with any water was the North Platte. All of the smaller rivers and creeks are bone dry unless they will get run off later on from the mountains

Comment

Bad storms east of there today
            Yes big pocket of bad winter wheat crop , but market will be calling it a 60 bus / ac till it ain’t in May when cows are out

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.