• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thursday Thoughts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday Thoughts

Awfully quiet on here of late.
    Looking at retail diesel prices this morning around Alberta. Unbelievable range. The low appears to be Edmonton at $1.399 a litre. Then Calgary is $1.639. Red deer $1.679. Three Hills $1.699. And the eye popper Grande Prairie at $1.969. What is everybody else seeing in your area?

Fertilizer prices. Urea prices stateside down 25% from $1 per pound of N to $.75 now. Similar in Canada as shown in the latest thread on Agriville on fertilizer. People like myself who historically buy in the fall got kicked in the ass on this!

Glyphosate prices. Seeing $9 a litre to just under on generic glyphosate. Hearing rumblings it could even be lower by summer. Any thoughts?

Wheat. Certainly sideways to down over the last month. A week ago you could still get $12 for #1 13.5 for March. At present that ship has sailed. Any thoughts on where wheat is heading?

Canola. Popped up a bit in the last week. $19.25 was available at a few elevators in central Alberta yesterday. Talking to seed retailers is sounds like seed sales have been very good this year. Went into fall extremely dry. Not sure what to say about future canola market trends.?

Barley. Surprised at how the price of feed barley has held up. $7.25 was available for fall. Price around here of late is low $8 at the bin.

Anyway, cold Thursday morning here, just hoping to stir up some conversation!

Nitrogen: It's a challenge to get the dropping price of N to translate into a lower NH3 bid. Wheat has been a dog, but at least Canada is exporting at a decent pace. I can't see carrying over wheat as a viable option. I got a recent offer of $8.50 for feed barley that germs 90%+ from G3, malt for China. Crushers occasionally hitting $19.50 for May delivery. Heading to the beach for a reset tomorrow, yippee.

Comment

Always stuff going on hamloc and most of it not good.

Brazil beef sales halted to china over mad cow disease.

Comment

I am in the $1.96 retail diesel area, coop delivered dyed is in the $1.30 + GST range.
        Grain turned to shit, I am not selling anything.
        Equipment prices are insane, but I don’t think it will last, prices are starting to come down. Some high priced specialty equipment I have been watching since last year is finally being discounted.
        Changed my spring seeding plans last week.
        In Vancouver this week, lots of grain being loaded onto boat.
        Sickening the number of masks still, majority of zombies wearing masks are 20-30 year olds. It’s good though, here’s your sign as Foxworthy would say.

Comment

Grain prices down
          Inputs are going lower.
          Will Net income be the same?

Comment

Here's a controversial question for you.
            How many are putting floors under their naked inventory??
            How much unpriced is really out there???

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              Here's a controversial question for you.
              How many are putting floors under their naked inventory??
              How much unpriced is really out there???
              Interesting question on the unpriced grain. In discussions with grain buyers a couple of weeks ago most felt farmers were on average 40% sold on wheat and canola. I don’t know how much that has changed. I have talked to neighbours holding out for $12.50 on wheat. That may be changing don’t know. Personally around 75-80% sold depending on the grain.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                Glyphosate prices. Seeing $9 a litre to just under on generic glyphosate. Hearing rumblings it could even be lower by summer. Any thoughts?
                My gut says we will see $8/L for 540 shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                  Interesting question on the unpriced grain. In discussions with grain buyers a couple of weeks ago most felt farmers were on average 40% sold on wheat and canola. I don’t know how much that has changed. I have talked to neighbours holding out for $12.50 on wheat. That may be changing don’t know. Personally around 75-80% sold depending on the grain.
                  In our area the grain buyers I've talked to think more than 60% of canola and wheat has been sold..all the grain bags have been cleaned up around here. I sold my carry over from last year and holding this past years crop.. All of it in bins so no rush..

Comment

65-70% sold did something right for once.
                    Only phosphate left to get ,and of course no movement there.
                    And dealers want double/triple $for parts they do not even care to stock and are 10 days away.?
                    Common bearings and belts? How do their back shops even function?
                    I will Jobber everthing í can get . Screw them. Had enough.

Comment

$6.30 for 450 strength glypho

Comment

I see reports of major oil/diesel cargo switching in international waters offshore by Greece…. Putin’s floating huge flotilla of oil/diesel tankers… are being tracked exchanging cargos… with‘friendly’ nations…tankers…

Interesting times!

Comment

dyed diesel 1.096/ltr coop dyed gas 1.004 clear diesel1.230

Comment

One thing for sure.
                            We will again have to learn to trade a carry market. Only question is, how soon??
                            This inverse has been fun.

Comment

Is there a fuel supplier out there in Central Alberta that does any prebuy diesel for the year or is everyone spot only?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.