• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urea and Phos prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wheatking16 View Post
    Can you explain the significance of the Urea to new crop grain ratio?
    https://twitter.com/JLinvilleFert/status/1624094485234720768/photo/1

As i understand it its very good historically if one sold the new crop and locked in the urea.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
      https://twitter.com/JLinvilleFert/status/1624094485234720768/photo/1

As i understand it its very good historically if one sold the new crop and locked in the urea.
      Thanks for the reply.

Comment

825 for 46-0-0 picked up in spring.

Comment

Originally posted by jdg364 View Post
          825 for 46-0-0 picked up in spring.
          900 plus here.

Comment

930 in the swamp

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              930 in the swamp
              How is that possible when you can pick it up in the south for $200/MT cheaper?

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
                How is that possible when you can pick it up in the south for $200/MT cheaper?
                Freight out of New Orleans scam.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                  Freight out of New Orleans scam.
                  What I mean is you can buy Urea for CAD $725 in South Sask. How can it possibly be $940 in a different part of Sask.

Comment

One independent up here fill his bins last fall with high priced Urea and expects his customers to help him out on his deal.
                    The independent is 930
                    Local grain company 850 which is is high.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
                      What I mean is you can buy Urea for CAD $725 in South Sask. How can it possibly be $940 in a different part of Sask.
                      Life is hard in the swamp
                      I feel for the retailers who brought high price stuff because like they say
                      Cant get it all in the last two weeks
                      These *** fert CO’s have no respect for their retailers ??
                      But …. In 2008/2009 no one offered to help us out with our high price purchases from fall before
                      We just licked our nuts and used it
                      Some didn’t

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        Got hosed filling the bins this past fall.

A guy should look at locking in some production because commodities might get a reversion to mean shock too.
                        You support Putin's invasion, Karma at it's finest.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          I feel for the retailers who brought high price stuff because like they say
                          Cant get it all in the last two weeks
                          Exactly. Will it matter what the wholesale price is in May, if the demand exceeds the logistical capacity of the system?

I wouldn't want to be in a retailers shoes. Can't sell (to the last minute purchasers) what you don't have in stock, But if you have it in stock, it will be at prices that no one will want to buy. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            Exactly. Will it matter what the wholesale price is in May, if the demand exceeds the logistical capacity of the system?

I wouldn't want to be in a retailers shoes. Can't sell (to the last minute purchasers) what you don't have in stock, But if you have it in stock, it will be at prices that no one will want to buy. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
                            This is the identical issue to every grain trader. Or fuel station. Or lumber yard. This is not unique to fert.

Comment

Ended up locking in some at $715 for 46 direct to farm. A rumor of somebody in Manitoba selling under $700 supposedly. It was evident that the direct to farm bids were better than the picked up unless it was at on of the ADM plants.

Comment

from Gensource website.

I can't see the major potash producers being much higher.

So it begs the question, how is Canadian produced potash priced so high, other than because they can.Click image for larger version

Name:	20230227_092535.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	774648

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.