• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CGC Standards Meeting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGC Standards Meeting

Tom,

In a previous post you mentioned of a CGC standards meeting. Have you heard the outcome? One grain buyer tells me the grading is getting tougher - OUCH. What have you heard?

Go on the CGC site and get the contact info for one of the Standards committee members in your area or representing a farm group you belong too, they are likely the best ones to talk too I'm not sure if Tom4CWB is a member of that commitee or not.

Comment

Every Year we send samples of our crops to the CGC for their survey. This year they phoned us a few weeks later and asked us to send them 2 bags of the #1 wheat that we had submitted the sample for so that they could use that as the standard for #1 this year. I had to chuckle, because according to our local elevator, we didn't have any #1! So I guess we do now.

Comment

THey likely saw something in your wheat that they will use in the blend with other producers samples to make the final standard samples that they send out to the various graders. Not saying what your wheat is it sure could be #1 but the best thing to do if your thinking it is the the line companies say it isn;t is running samples throughtthe cgc's regional service centers and getting a grade from them. I'm amazed year after year especially years like this that there are still so many producers that really don't know what they have to market.

Comment

Crusher;

Have not seen or heard much... just that mildew would be tougher... perhaps sprout a little less... if it passes falling# test.

Anyone else heard what's up?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...