• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liner capacity?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liner capacity?

Can someone tell me how many 8-9 weight feeders you could get on a regular size cattle liner? Thank you.

Just a guess, but I would say 40 if you want a far amount of space and 50 if you want to pack them?

Comment

grassfarmer, capacity is 61,000 to 63,000 pounds, depending on number of animals. I would put 68 to 70 9 weights or 76 to 78 8 weights. we normally put 41-43 pairs on in the spring for a 5 hour trip with no problems and 60 1000 to 1050 yearlings in the fall.

Comment

Why is it you just bring up the federal policys that are stupid we have our own here in alta but it seems when anyone trys to question the alta follys it starts a fed bashing party instead of any credable answers . I would like to see some of the provincial waste expresed at least as much as the feds because when the feds waste a dollar it is actualy only 10 cents of my money because we are about 10% of canadians.
        Mabey Ralph has played the fed liberal card so ofte that we cant see anything except liberal red.

Comment

Why is it you just bring up the federal policys that are stupid we have our own here in alta but it seems when anyone trys to question the alta follys it starts a fed bashing party instead of any credable answers . I would like to see some of the provincial waste expresed at least as much as the feds because when the feds waste a dollar it is actualy only 10 cents of my money because we are about 10% of canadians.
          Mabey Ralph has played the fed liberal card so ofte that we cant see anything except liberal red.

Comment

A tandem axle pot hauls about 52,000lbs. a triaxle hauls about 64,000lbs. On7-8weight cattlle they shouldn't be very crowded to load to proper weight.

Comment

Was talking to my buddy the brand inspector the other day-he'd just checked 7 loads of pairs out the day before and every trucker wanted to load different-I find that too somew guys are good at herding a triaxle down the road but not so great at math lol.

Comment

Horse; did you just get here. I have posted plenty about Alberta much of which should have shown you that when the feds waste money an Albertan is getting the shaft far more than any other Canadian. Do some reading!

Comment

Why shouldn't the federal government take more from Alberta? They know darned well they can? The people of Alberta don't seem to care...they just continue to send the check!
                  Why should Martin give one rip about Alberta? No one voted for him here other than the old commies up in Redmonton? Which gave us that outstanding halfwit we have in cabinet...shrill Annie!
                  Every Albertan should understand how we've gotten screwed....but they don't do anything about it? They continue to elect governments that bow down to Ottawa and worship their masters in Quebec! Pretty sad.

Comment

I just have to ask this - just what is it that you guys seem to want so much more of? We enjoy a relatively good standard of living in this province, although I must say that there are some real social problems cropping up.

What more do you want? The more we keep in this province, the worse the corruption that is so vehemently denounced elsewhere will become here.

How much is enough? Will it ever be enough?

I just don't get it. We need to be grateful for what we have, not covet what we don't.

Comment

There has been a wealth of reports and information put forward over the years by academics that show that Western Canada could stand alone and be, better off. It could be a wealthy independent nation. Bigger in area, and population, than many countries. I would submit that had the litany of grievances articulated by many political movements in Western Canada over the past 70 years been imposed on Western Canada in just the past 10 years there would be no question as to what would be under way now. We are like the frog in the frying pan…instead of being plopped into the hot frying pan … with the obvious reaction. The heat has been turned up slowly. To some it feels just right, to others its way to hot but we are to light headed now to figure out what’s going on. This is the way tyranny operates.
                      Cakado do you have any kids working in Alberta. Are they making 40 to 50,000 per year? If so do you like it that they are subsidizing the Doctor in the Maritimes makeing $100,000 per year.
                      If I covet any thing, it is what we have rightfully earned, and have been robbed of. You know this... but your liberal sentiments and contraryism get in the way of accepting the more forcefull reaction by some of us.

And by the way, political corruption is the result of unaccountability not prosperity!!

Comment

When you say 41-43 pairs ,how do you load them?
                        I have about 40 pairs grazing 17 miles away and don't have good sorting corrals there. I have never had pairs there before .
                        How about trailing them home? 17 miles is further than I have ever done.What is easier, hauling or trailing?

Comment

We haul our cows back and forth all the time. In semis and in our own trailer. With the semi, we sort them going in, and put calves in some compartments, cows in others. We'll fill the stock trailer with calves.

When we haul with our own trailer, it depends on how far we are going, and how big the calves are. If it's from a close pasture, we'll mix them in the trailer, as long as the calves are a good size. We are very careful not to put too many in though. Really small calves, we save up and put in a partial load.

If you're going to wean them anyway, sorting into the truck is the best way to do it. Get the stress over with all at once. Vaccinate them coming off, and you're done. If you can leave the cows behind for a few days, that would be even better. They don't run off, they just hang around the corral.

They also come running when they see you come back with the trailer to pick them up! LOL

Comment

Coruption is from unacoutability. Boy thats just what I have been saying and we have no acoutibility in alta just blame the feds not that they dont deserve it but the voters in alta has no right to throw stones.
                            And yes I have kids working in alta unfortunatly not in the oil patch so yes they are subsidizing the oil workers .
                            comsultants 1000/1200 per day plus exp
                            battery operators 5/800 per day
                            land men truck drivers, operators, pick and shovel crews, all of these are grosley over paid just because this govmt gives OUR oil away not the P>C> s oil they couldnt run a popsicle stand without mega bucks and still all you do is point out the feds . I recall a statement of long ago Get your own house in order before you run someone elses. So why dont you try that and see what happens.

Comment

What in heavens name have we EARNED in terms of the natural resources? They were here long before we were and sadly they won't be here long after we're gone. Seems to me that we are exploiting them and then crying foul because we don't get to keep everything. We are very fortunate to have what we have here in Alberta.

For every report that you have on separation, there is likely one for staying together, so that dog don't hunt.

I understand that you (and others) feel like we have been mistreated. I just don't happen to agree with it. When you have more, you pay more isn't that the way it works?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.