• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to for grains this week

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to for grains this week

gut says sideways or up again

head says will lose most of fridays gains

Was short covering of wheat positions

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
    gut says sideways or up again

head says will lose most of fridays gains

Was short covering of wheat positions
    Anticipate the wheat's will move higher.

Stronger conviction with Hard Red Spring.

Beans look ready for a move higher.

Comment

Hard red has been a laggard since fall. WK, hope you're correct, I'm sitting on lots of inventory. Sold hard red and CPS on Friday, $12 for each. Way too long on canola too.

Comment

On Thursday the traders watching were talking about strength in March wheat was coming from positions two weeks before options expiration… being rolled into May; which gives strength to March… which will disappear as these positions are moved to May.

There is plenty of wheat…(Russia)… corn and soy… (Brazil big crops) much more than the drought losses in Argentina.

Putin holds the majority of the speculative triggers… black oil, wheat, earth quake shipping inspection delays in Turkey …

Interesting times! Volatility is unlikely to decrease!

Cheers

Comment

Russia stepping it up in the Ukrainian.
          Pre Spring offensive grinding away.
          Big earthquake in Turkey and Syria.
          UFO'S over North America causing political tension.

Seems the market is always a surprise in the direction it takes from news.

Comment

From new age talk:
            https://rtv.rs/sr_lat/svet/rusija-nerazuman-nastavak-sporazuma-o-izv...

This is google translate , probably has grammar mistakes.

"In an interview with RTV1, the Russian diplomat said that Russia's position on the possible new extension of this agreement for another 120 days starting from March has not changed, reports TASS.

"Without tangible results in the implementation of the Russia-UN memorandum, above all without the actual lifting of restrictions on the export of agricultural products from Russia, we believe that the concept of the Istanbul agreements and the extension of licenses for the export of agricultural products from Ukraine are unreasonable," said Vershinin.

The so-called The Black Sea initiative on the export of Ukrainian food adopted on July 22 last year in Istanbul was initially limited to 120 days, until November 18, 2022, Vershinin reminded.

"Later, with the consent of all parties, the agreement was extended for another 120 days, until March 18 this year," said the Russian official, adding that the implementation of the grain agreement concluded last summer in Istanbul "cannot be considered satisfactory."

"Only the Black Sea initiative for the export of Ukrainian food is implemented, and in a format far from the originally declared humanitarian goals: out of a total of 70 deliveries consisting of feed corn and feed grain, 47 were transported mainly to countries with high incomes and living standards, 33 to countries with incomes above the average, and only 3 loads were delivered to poor countries that need help the most - to Somalia, Ethiopia, Yemen, Sudan, Afghanistan and Djibouti," Vershinin presented.

Russian agricultural products are not explicitly listed on the list of Western sanctions, but Moscow indicates that the obstacles to the new extension of agreements stemming from the Istanbul accords and the export of Russian grains and fertilizers are blockades of monetary transactions and payments, logistics and insurance.

Comment

This may well be the low in fertilizer pricing till next fall . Something to consider
              Does wheat have any life yet for a rally before seeding ? Just looks and feels lifeless regardless of any news to push either way. One day up , three days flat and one down .
              $.50 trading range forever it seems .
              Was told there is a pile of $12 targets in so they are trading just below trying to buy what they can for now .
              Still a buyers market regardless of trade news of dry areas in major wheat exporting countries. Just buying enough good wheat from NA to blend off Australian and Black Sea wheat .

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
                Hard red has been a laggard since fall. WK, hope you're correct, I'm sitting on lots of inventory. Sold hard red and CPS on Friday, $12 for each. Way too long on canola too.
                Where did you find $12 wheat ?
                We still $.50 to $.75 off that locally
                Walmart mentality here locally where the lowest price is the law .
                4 big elevators here but most wheat getting sold and shipped 60 miles east or west of here . Locals refuse to budge yet
                Last edited by furrowtickler; Feb 14, 2023, 10:43.

Comment

Cargill is getting my wheat on this go round.

Comment

I sold a bit of HSRW on Friday as well but for 11.55 with delivery this Friday before weather gets crappier. At least I don't have to haul into the city at that price. Am scared that many are sitting on wheat inventory. Am about 60% sold on wheat but only 20% on oats. Looks like it will take a drought scare now to get the rest moved at a decent price. (>$12)

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                      I sold a bit of HSRW on Friday as well but for 11.55 with delivery this Friday before weather gets crappier. At least I don't have to haul into the city at that price. Am scared that many are sitting on wheat inventory. Am about 60% sold on wheat but only 20% on oats. Looks like it will take a drought scare now to get the rest moved at a decent price. (>$12)
                      Might be tough to get too $12 , Egypt apparently had to go to the IMF to get funds for their last purchase. That’s not a good sign , this sort of thing happened after 2008 market fallout . Put a lot of pressure on grain markets
                      Oats just keep drifting lower here

Comment

Everything continues to fall.
                        November prices, and forward were the highs.
                        12.21 wht, and 20.79 canola.
                        9.30 malt.
                        Last edited by Partners; Feb 15, 2023, 09:30.

Comment

What are feed grains worth? I’m not sure I can afford to feed my cows, I’m almost running out of grain I grew 8 years ago. It’s time to replenish the feed bins.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                            Everything continues to fall.
                            November prices, and forward were the highs.
                            12.21 wht, and 20.79 canola.
                            9.30 malt.
                            We talked about pricing everything in November, just so much uncertainty around the world
                            Should have listened to that gut feeling I guess
                            Hindsight is 20/20

Comment

Hard 1 grade here yesterday best quality we grow was up $57 per tonne hit $500 someone is short on a vessel departing very soon id say.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...