• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making snow ridges

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making snow ridges

Neighbor has a BRP .
    Works excellent for snow ridges and RM hires him also

Comment

No drought at all!

Comment

what's that fer?

Comment

Waste of time here.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
            Waste of time here.
            They aren't doing it for soil moisture, but to stop the snow drifting onto the road.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJeremiah View Post
              They aren't doing it for soil moisture, but to stop the snow drifting onto the road.
              Like I said waste of time, been done and did nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                Like I said waste of time, been done and did nothing.
                I wonder what makes your area different than ours. Definitely helps around us until they get full.

Comment

I wonder what makes your area different than ours. Definitely helps around us until they get full.
                  Yup. My sisters driveway is quite long so after clearing it I make a couple seperate passes beside it in the field. They have to fill in before anything drifts onto her driveway.

Comment

After a hour cant tell the deference no one done that here in 30 years.

Comment

Look at all the trees! How does snow even drift in that country?

Comment

Whatever we can keep OUT of the yards, melts faster on fields than in yard shade. Less water run off in yards. Climate change winds? Nope, been crazy snow forever.

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
                          Look at all the trees! How does snow even drift in that country?
                          Pic is our yard trees.
                          Old trees with little new growth, so snow drifts in..
                          RM ridges many roads here.
                          Remember we are the Mud Zone..
                          Our own little world..

Comment

Can’t see the pictures cause “AgExpert” is all over it. That’s a good way for government to get their noses into our books.

Comment

The RM makes them here but can’t seem to keep the roads open anyway. The road running south of our place closed pugged with snow last winter about the middle of January and if we have another snow and wind event they will likely struggle to keep it open this year. The whole time I went to school the bus went through there and the whole time my kids went to school the bus went through. Last two years the grader struggle’s even with snow ridges. Climate change I guess?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...