• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French Farmers Stage Mass Tractor Protest in Paris Against EU Green Diktats

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French Farmers Stage Mass Tractor Protest in Paris Against EU Green Diktats

The Truckers, then the Dutch, now the French,,, more and more farmers and industry saying F U to politicians that want to stave the masses.

When farmers here decide to rally, its going to be epic.

They will have nothing to lose.

We don't have the programs the EU or USA has for their farmers.

Throw in the truckers and Trudeau won't have anywhere to hide.

Trudeau threw the police under the bus with the last protest.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      When farmers here decide to rally, its going to be epic.

They will have nothing to lose.

We don't have the programs the EU or USA has for their farmers.

Throw in the truckers and Trudeau won't have anywhere to hide.

Trudeau threw the police under the bus with the last protest.
      Bucket u are correct, the Canadian farmer is starting to wake up..I'm seeing it first hand.. Neighbours are openly talking about how close their breaking point is... Some will just take the easy way out and sell... But there are a lot of new Canadians and young families that are heavily invested in their farms...

Agriculture won't be Building Back Better the way the Liberals/NDP want it.

Comment

Article says largest since 2019. 500 tractors. Neonic ban.
        Throughout our history I can't recall a tradition of protest anywhere near this modest attempt.
        Neither do I hear any protest from any of my peers regardless of age.
        Sorry, I believe the 20% making 80% of the production aren't incentivized that far yet nor does any have a history of protest.
        Hoping I'm wrong.

The collapse of the nation state into city states is happening first in Canada.

Complacency over property rights has been ignored all along. Reap what we sow.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          Sorry, I believe the 20% making 80% of the production aren't incentivized that far yet .
          Some of us ole farts remember a lot of pain...Difficult to organize a protest here on farm revenues since 2010. The convoy pushback rattled a whack of people; however, they took a stand against something they did not believe in. Taking a stand in here is hurling cloaked insults at an imaginary foe that isn't from my home area. AI is going to change the way chat programs are monitored. ChatGP will be able bust ID's here in an hour and cause everyone to stop pointing at Hubert's stomping grounds near Meota, and closer to Saskatoon...

Since December, i haven't heard new land rents under $150.00/acre - from Swift to Shell Lake. That does not point to an upheaval yet.

Be careful what you write...Digital IDs and social credits will only make it worse. Policy has been avoided for so long; i don't know it is possible to wrestle some sense of attention back to the farm.

Trust the Doji and your Dog... I think I'll copyright that...

Check off board rooms are chock full of head nodders and what's in it for me hangers on. I fear farmers have lost the will to make a difference and that I won't live long enough to see if they can.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-09 142946.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	774531

Comment

Nice chart, are those high peaks on a consistent exact 4 year cycle, hard to see without the graph lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
              Nice chart, are those high peaks on a consistent exact 4 year cycle, hard to see without the graph lines.
              Knock yourself out...

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=3210005201

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                Article says largest since 2019. 500 tractors. Neonic ban.
                Throughout our history I can't recall a tradition of protest anywhere near this modest attempt.
                Neither do I hear any protest from any of my peers regardless of age.
                Sorry, I believe the 20% making 80% of the production aren't incentivized that far yet nor does any have a history of protest.
                Hoping I'm wrong.

The collapse of the nation state into city states is happening first in Canada.

Complacency over property rights has been ignored all along. Reap what we sow.
                INTRODUCTION
                II. THE LEGAL-INTELLECTUAL CLIMATE FOR PROPERTY RIGHTS LEADING UP TO 1982
                III. POLITICAL MANOEUVRES AND DIVIDED VIEWPOINTS
                IV. THREE MISTAKEN ASSUMPTIONS IN THE EXCLUSION OF PROPERTY RIGHTS
                V. CONCLUSIONS

https://www.canlii.org/en/commentary/doc/2015CanLIIDocs113#!fragment/zoupio-_Tocpdf_bk_1/BQCwhgziBcwMYgK4DsDWszIQewE4BUBTADwBdoAvbRABwEtsBa AfX2zhoBMAzZgI1TMAjAEoANMmylCEAIqJCuAJ7QA5KrERCYXA nmKV6zdt0gAynlIAhFQCUAogBl7ANQCCAOQDC9saTB80KTsIiJ AA

Comment

When you read an article in the producer that says "don't farm - own"

You know we are essentially phucked.

Comment

Thank you Larry for picking the bones out of my opaque word salad.
                    I remember some rallies on the news in the 80s. And here when the NDP tried their WCB for farms bill.
                    Your income study telling. Pretty hard to rally from inside a Denali! Hey it rhymes!
                    Read an essay about city states becoming the predominant political entity sometime in the future. Dunno. I can see it. Doesn't matter who's army at the gate really, or if they're looking out or in.
                    Nation states may very well become obsolete. Probably take a while longer in China hey??
                    We are already the city state of GTA'ttawa.

I don't have guns so I'm not saying anything.
                    I don't own farm land so what's it to me.
                    I don't own a house so what's capital gains.
                    I don't drive very far if at all so who needs cars or fuel.
                    I don't need PBS so who cares if I may not be able to stream it.
                    Eminent domain?
                    Right to repair, Right to farm?
                    My accounts haven't been frozen by the govt, I'm not a criminal.
                    I don't understand any precedence on the above so irrelevant.
                    I haven't been hungry in 4 generations so piss off.
                    My child has a good "gig" as a 30 hr a week govt worker.

Remember, in 10-15 or so years there won't be half the stand alone farms around there is today. So really, the price of a Denali can triple and still cost less per acre than today LOL.

So, western farmers crowding the streets in Ottawa??? Nah.... not a chance. Horse gone anyways.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...