• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Is Broken

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada Is Broken

3 months later still no childrens tylenol on the shelves, but in BC you can now legally carry and keep 3g of heroin, crack or fentanyl and head over to injection sites all over the city where medical staff standby to watch you OD then revive you and offer you MAID services.

Last edited by jazz; Feb 5, 2023, 18:23.

We are so progressive now 👎👎

Comment

So are you going to throw all the drug addicts into jail?

Harm reduction is the new way to combat addictions and get as many addicts into treatment as possible.

Its a mental health care crisis and the old ways don't work and the supply of drugs keeps coming and now the street supply is super dangerous.

Of course the Cons still believe that addiction is a criminal justice issue.

Comment

The lefties would be against a place like teen challenge I suppose. With a 90% success rate.

It’s scary though, it is Christian run, biblically grounded, and encourages people to change their lives. Scary stuff. All for 1100 dollars for a year of rehab, in a safe place.

Bad. Scary. Changing peoples lives and making them exceptional contributors to society. Scary.

Handing out free drugs, enabling addicts, and costing society billions? Yup, that’s the right way to do it.

Comment

Not opposed to any support group that can have success.

But the reality is you can't throw them in jail or take away their drugs without a lot of support and a treatment plan that works.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            Not opposed to any support group that can have success.

But the reality is you can't throw them in jail or take away their drugs without a lot of support and a treatment plan that works.
            I’ve coughed up the 1100 bucks. Have you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
              I’ve coughed up the 1100 bucks. Have you?
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              chucky the druggy !

It just never ends with you !

Never give more drugs to an addict !

It's sick what's going on out there !

Well i will weigh in here as devils advocate.. ( full disclosure i watched my brother in law battle heroin for the last 10 yrs and finally doing the last 1.5 clean and sober) and drug use should not be a criminal offence. I mean... it should in that it needs to be used as a deterrent...but once you are hooked its pretty difficult to get out of it. What we need to be doing is removing the drugs from the street and throwing the dealers in jail for huge periods of time... not killing them like
              Duterte, but giving massive jailtimes to help deter the sales.

Decriminalizing is a good first step ( i think) and safe injection sites have been shown to both increase % of addicts that become addiction free and also decrease overdoses. Problem is nobody wants them in their area and i would venture to say that 75% of the population thinks its simply " giving free drugs to druggies" when in actuality its not. Far from it. I have personally been into one while offering support and its so much more than just giving a location to use. And frankly, whats wrong with that? A user is going to use regardless...

Its like your teenagers drinking. Ideally nobody wants them to...bjt we know they are probably going to do it so wouldnt it be better if it was out in the open/ supervised/ controlled/ maintained?

Call me a lefty if you may but harm reduction sites are a drastic step forward than the solutions presented over the last 50 yrs.

The other big issue is that these new drugs that contain fentanyl, super fentanyl and lord knows what else arent your mom and pop cocaines and lsds. They are synthetically designed to get you absolutely hooked with very little actual required product...which is also what makes them so incredibly dangerous.
              You know the majority of overdose deaths in Canada are in the male age category of 20 to 40 and AT HOME. ? These new drugs are incredibly potent and battling them needs to be a multipronged approach....and unfortunately there are no easy answers.
              I firmly believe that treating addiction as a disease rather than a crime is the long term solution though...
              This is only my opinion but it is based in experience with one of the most difficult things ive ever seen someone go thru ( next to terminal cancer) but not all situations and people are the same...which makes it such an incredibly complex issue ( and argument).

Comment

Drug problem has been around for decades. Using law enforcement to punish addicts has not worked. Accept it as a medical problem and we will be half way there. Without N.A. addiction Drug cartels would not exist. With a legal supply and a proper treatment program problems with drug use would be decreased.

Comment

Strong families too.

But the left isn’t into traditional and strong families, so.

Agstar! You’re here!

How many genders are there agstar?

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                    Drug problem has been around for decades. Using law enforcement to punish addicts has not worked. Accept it as a medical problem and we will be half way there. Without N.A. addiction Drug cartels would not exist. With a legal supply and a proper treatment program problems with drug use would be decreased.
                    Does society not have any responsibilities to address any of the root causes of people resorting to substances in the first place?
                    Obviously, criminalizing use will not /has not accomplished anything.
                    The war on production and distribution has been a failure, although the reasons for that failure are debatable.

Comment

Well Portland tried all this hug a druggie stuff years before Vancouver, lets hear from someone there how it all went down.

Oh my...

Click image for larger version

Name:	port1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	774518
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	port2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	774519

Comment

GoalieGuy

Thank you for sharing a very personal story, it took courage on your part to put it out for the public to read.

Not sure how drug addiction can only be a Left issue or even be political.

Some of you should keep this in mind as GoalieGuy stated with Fentanyl it only takes one pill one time and your hooked. That's how powerful it is.

Maybe do a little reading and research before coming on Agriville all high and mighty.

Again thank you GoalGuy and I hope your brother in law stays clean and sober.
                        Last edited by foragefarmer; Feb 6, 2023, 17:00.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                          GoalieGuy

Thank you for sharing a very personal story, it took courage on your part to put it out for the public to read.

Not sure how drug addiction can only be a Left issue or even be political.

Some of you should keep this in mind as GoalieGuy stated with Fentanyl it only takes one pill one time and your hooked. That's how powerful it is.

Maybe do a little reading and research before coming on Agriville all high and mighty.

Again thank you GoalGuy and I hope your brother in law stays clean and sober.
                          So don’t take the bloody pill? Raise your kids so they have no “need” for a pill, because they have a positive attitude, positive friends, and a faith in something other than humanity or themselves.

So they don’t take the pill, smoke that joint, or feel supposed “peer pressure” to conform. Kids who are healthy in their own skin won’t take the pill from some idiot who pressures them to. Actually, kids who have a healthy upbringing, won’t even put themselves in positions where they would hang out or be part of idiotic pill pushing groups.

It’s called saying no. Parents have seemed to forgotten how to say no. Nowadays, with everything, it’s,”well kids will be kids, there nothing you can do”. Excuse me. There is.

And. Again. How many genders are there? Just the number please. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            Does society not have any responsibilities to address any of the root causes of people resorting to substances in the first place?
                            Obviously, criminalizing use will not /has not accomplished anything.
                            The war on production and distribution has been a failure, although the reasons for that failure are debatable.
                            Same reason it not work for alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                              So don’t take the bloody pill? Raise your kids so they have no “need” for a pill, because they have a positive attitude, positive friends, and a faith in something other than humanity or themselves.

So they don’t take the pill, smoke that joint, or feel supposed “peer pressure” to conform. Kids who are healthy in their own skin won’t take the pill from some idiot who pressures them to. Actually, kids who have a healthy upbringing, won’t even put themselves in positions where they would hang out or be part of idiotic pill pushing groups.

It’s called saying no. Parents have seemed to forgotten how to say no. Nowadays, with everything, it’s,”well kids will be kids, there nothing you can do”. Excuse me. There is.

And. Again. How many genders are there? Just the number please. Thanks.
                              I am glad your branded kids are perfect and pure.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...