• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Is Broken

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"There but for the grace of God go I"
    "The weak shall perish"

Make up your minds you bunch of tough guys.
    Compassion or understanding. Or realism?
    Goalie is right. Sheep is not wrong.
    I think rigidity and ignorance enemies of all. Naivety kinda running amok here. Some are on some pretty high horses.
    My girlfriend grew up in Ft Crack before and during the last big change. Early grave for any substance abuser.
    Any body here had an abusive alcoholic for a parent in a two parent home?
    She's sad but unsympathetic.
    People fleeing the Island for the prairies why?
    More questions than answers I know.
    But so often the loudest the most uninformed.
    Prohibition won't help any more than free coke. Or gun free zones baha.
    Maybe a chain gang in the muskeg for a 20 year stint for dealers all that's left. I know, that won't be inclusive. Systemically racist actually. Sorry.
    Trauma and addiction have always been around. Wailing and navel gazing, the newest fad, won't help.
    Last edited by blackpowder; Feb 6, 2023, 20:32.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
      Same reason it not work for alcohol.
      I wasn't aware that society had ever tried addressing the root causes of alcohol abuse, can you enlighten me?
      We tried banning it, we tried regulating it, we tried only selling it through the government, we tried educating about the risks.

But did we ever attempt to solve the depression, and anxiety, and a myriad of other mental and social issues that lead people to abuse alcohol as a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
        I am glad your branded kids are perfect and pure.
        No one is perfect and pure. Including me, including you. But there are things you can do to prevent a lot of societies ills. Why is it such a struggle to answer such a simple question.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
          No one is perfect and pure. Including me, including you. But there are things you can do to prevent a lot of societies ills. Why is it such a struggle to answer such a simple question.
          The left really struggles with the concept of personal responsibility. Everything is someone else's fault, and only the state can fix it for them, preferably by blaming someone else and also making them pay for it.

Comment

[QUOTE=foragefarmer;559900]GoalieGuy

Some of you should keep this in mind as GoalieGuy stated with Fentanyl it only takes one pill one time and your hooked. That's how powerful it is.

Enlighten me - people are prescribed fentanyl. Are all of them drug addicts?

Comment

[QUOTE=sumdumguy;559918]
              Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
              GoalieGuy

Some of you should keep this in mind as GoalieGuy stated with Fentanyl it only takes one pill one time and your hooked. That's how powerful it is.

Read this and maybe it will educate you and the others who think they wrote the book on parenting and need to give the rest of us a lecture on it.

" It is also used recreationally, sometimes mixed with heroin, cocaine, benzodiazepines or methamphetamine. An overdose of it can be neutralized by naloxone."

"Fentanyl works by activating mu-opioid receptors. It is around 100 times stronger than morphine and about 50 times stronger than heroin."

Real easy for those who live in a bubble world to criticize and condemn with no consideration for others who are living with addictions of any kind. They are not all bad people.

I always thought Christians were suppose to be compassionate, I guess only when convenient.

Comment

[QUOTE=sumdumguy;559918]
                Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                Exactly, father in law had fentanyl in the hospital 4 times in a month and never got hooked.

Its not about the drugs. You cna get hooked on anything even antifreeze. Its about the conditions these people face, hopelessness, despair, financial ruin. All things our scumbag PM pushes every day on this country.

$200T in resources sitting in the ground and we are broke(n).

Should be living high on the hog like Norway, instead we piss it all away on stupidity.

Comment

[QUOTE=foragefarmer;559926]
                  Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post

I always thought Christians were suppose to be compassionate, I guess only when convenient.
                  What does parenting and avoidance of the problem of drugs in the first place have to do with compassion? I put up $1100 for an acquaintance to go to teen challenge for a year, to get the help they need to overcome.

I guess that’s not compassionate? Oh right, it’s a Christian organization. Scary stuff. Encouraging people to reboot their lives and get back on track. Scary stuff.

What have you given towards your local addicts? I hope something? I think it is one of the biggest issues of our day. We need to lift these people out of their struggles and set them back on the right track. Do you agree?

So let’s keep the drugs flowing to them in a “safe” manner. That ought to do it.

Comment

That is exactly what harm reduction, safe injection, safe supply and treatment programs are trying to to do. To save lives and to improve peoples lives.

Criminalizing substance abusers doesn't help if they don't have access to help and treatment programs and it can't be solved with just voluntary donations of those willing to help their neighbors and friends.

The scale of the problems demand governments at all levels to take serious actions and put sufficient treatment programs in place.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      That is exactly what harm reduction, safe injection, safe supply and treatment programs are trying to to do. To save lives and to improve peoples lives.

Criminalizing substance abusers doesn't help if they don't have access to help and treatment programs and it can't be solved with just voluntary donations of those willing to help their neighbors and friends.

The scale of the problems demand governments at all levels to take serious actions and put sufficient treatment programs in place.
                      Actually it could be solved if ppl put their money where their mouth is. If all farmers in sask each gave 1100 bucks….

Criminalizing abusers? How about removing the pushers from society? Cut the source off. Like try.

Next time teen challenge is in a church in your community, you should go and see. It’s amazing the stories these fine folks tell. The life change is absolutely incredible...

Comment

Sheep when I was working in the corp world, our company had some sort of annual cash drive from employees to help abused women. We gladly donated for yrs until we had a presentation from one of the sponsor groups.

It was revealed that on average, these women take 8-10 tries before they can successfully leave and find safe harbour.

Imagine how many tries it takes to get a drug addict off. Lot of cash being flushed down as a solution to this.

Comment

Get ready for your next level drug crisis.

Lets get some more safe injection sites going, thats clearly the answer to this.

Horse paste bad, horse tranquilizer good

Last edited by jazz; Feb 25, 2023, 20:16.

Comment

Rompun for vet use.
                            Never used it or seen it here.
                            Commonly used in the US in dart guns to sedate stock in pastures to enable doctoring animals where it is impractical or inconvenient to catch them.
                            Probably impossible for a rancher to buy here but used to be over the counter south of the border.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                              Rompun for vet use.
                              Never used it or seen it here.
                              Commonly used in the US in dart guns to sedate stock in pastures to enable doctoring animals where it is impractical or inconvenient to catch them.
                              Probably impossible for a rancher to buy here but used to be over the counter south of the border.
                              Romp you’d need a damn good reason for the vet would give you a shot let alone a bottle. Torbo on the other hand is restricted af. Even Ace is getting hard to buy to have on hand.

Comment

Wow. I remember in the 90s the old country vet gave me some Rompun for darting a wild cow cause I can't rope.
                                The lecture he gave me I'll never forget. He said dosage species specific and one drop potentially deadly to human.
                                Can't imagine mixing with Fentanyl.
                                Is the propensity for self destruction so ingrained we will always have an addiction/death issue?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...