• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really Sickens Me

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine are ground mount fixed angle and cleaning the snow off is usually about a 15 minute job unless it is a heavy wet snow.

I dont remember the wire guage but it is heavy with 3 conductors. Less than 150m. Increase the distance with larger wire.

Ground mount works fine and I have grass around mine.

They take up a small part of our yard and can easily be placed where they are out of the way.

But there are several roof mounts installations around as well.

Adjustable ground mounts would be good cause you could adjust them to the optimal angle throughout the seasons and have less snow issues in the winter. But they cost more.

Large scale ground mount solar systems should not be placed on good quality arable land if there are other choices available. But landowners have every right to do what they want with their land unless you think you want to take that right away?

The oil industry and mining also use good quality arable land. That and the fact that biofuels use millions of acres of good quality land and you are complaining just about solar and wind installations! Take the blinders off.

The hypocrisy by some posters is blatant one sided crap.
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Feb 3, 2023, 11:11.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      But landowners have every right to do what they want with their land unless you think you want to take that right away?...

The hypocrisy by some posters is blatant one sided crap.
      Yes, for example Farmers should have the right to grow whatever crops they want, and market them through whatever channels they want. The hypocrisy of that statement coming from a CWB die hard is off the charts.
      Even more hypocritical, coming from a guy who supports the current federal governments who are attempting to enforce restrictions on fertilizer use and land use.

At least you got the last sentence correct. Recognizing the hypocrisy and one-sided crap you are spewing.

Comment

ive got zero issues with putting it on bad land unarable land.

biofuel crops are still manage and farmed.

solar farms just become waste land basically.

solar farms here to stay just put them in "better" spots

Comment

some scullduggery at land auctions "investment" companies buy land then on sell to solar companies, htey make quick profit done deals before hand.

irks farmers that were runner up bidders

Comment

What's better?

Comment

Agrivoltaics

Comment

https://www.macobserver.com/columns-opinions/editorial/apple-100-percent-renewable-energy/

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
                  some scullduggery at land auctions "investment" companies buy land then on sell to solar companies, htey make quick profit done deals before hand.

irks farmers that were runner up bidders
                  No doubt but how you going to stop land going to the highest bidder without more restrictions and regulations?

Comment

So I see A5 wants to restrict the right of landowners to choose to put renewable energy installations on their own land.

How does this fit into his libertarian deregulated utopia? He seems confused about his libertarian ideology. LOL

He can't seem to move on from previous issues. He seems stuck in the past. Oh yeah Conservatives don't like change.
                    Last edited by chuckChuck; Feb 5, 2023, 09:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
                      Prime Ag land used for this.
                      Need a plan B

[ATTACH]11916[/ATTACH]
                      Plan B should be to cover buildings in cities with solar panels and thousands of small wind turbines and produce and store / wind energy where it is needed most . Hundreds of thousands of roof tops and huge surface areas on skysc****rs and big buildings.
                      The infrastructure is already in place .
                      Huge solar farms , hundreds of miles away from major urban areas is wasteful for land and miles and miles of cable to tie into existing grid .

Comment

If done at all.

My family had their own wind generator in 1948. Way ahead of their time.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                          If done at all.

My family had their own wind generator in 1948. Way ahead of their time.
                          everyone did but they found a better way

Comment

Originally posted by Bin Lurking View Post
                            Agrivoltaics
                            Are you serious, I am supposed to run my combine and drill and sprayer under an apparatus like that.

And then it gets 30% less sunshine and I am harvesting it in december.

The crop is already the solar panel.

Comment

Just curious.
                              What happens with hail storms?
                              Say you spend a big chunk of cash on setting up a solar system and first summer they get pounded by a good prairie hail storm?
                              Can you get hail insurance for such a deal at what cost?

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                                Just curious.
                                What happens with hail storms?
                                Say you spend a big chunk of cash on setting up a solar system and first summer they get pounded by a good prairie hail storm?
                                Can you get hail insurance for such a deal at what cost?
                                Pretty darn tough nowadays.
                                Go back 20yrs would have been shredded.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.