• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost of EV batteries rising

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of EV batteries rising

I read an interesting article this morning titled “Driving into the future: Will switching to an EV really save you money.” All the proponents claim the cost of EV’s will come down. From the article cost per kwh of the battery has increased from $131 USD in 2021 to $160 in 2022. Price of Lithium carbonate is now $71315 USD per tonne, triple what it was in 2021. This graph from the IEA shows how much increased demand there will be for different minerals by 2040.

Up to 40 times as much lithium required as is produced today, will definitely make it cheaper!!!
    Last edited by Hamloc; Jan 29, 2023, 09:41.

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
    I read an interesting article this morning titled “Driving into the future: Will switching to an EV really save you money.” All the proponents claim the cost of EV’s will come down. From the article cost per kwh of the battery has increased from $131 USD in 2021 to $160 in 2022. Price of Lithium carbonate is now $71315 USD per tonne, triple what it was in 2021. This graph from the IEA shows how much increased demand there will be for different minerals by 2040.

Up to 40 times as much lithium required as is produced today, will definitely make it cheaper!!!
    But Chuck is still waiting for EV prices to come down so he can buy one. Looks like a safe bet, he can keep waiting indefinitely.

And this is before we attempt to transfer processing from China with cheap coal and no CO2 or environmental costs, and slave labour, to North America. By How many multiples will the price increase?

Comment

Article should have been called driving off a cliff, thanks to the loony climate cult.

Comment

Chuck and I were waiting for Ford Lightning pickups to get down to about the price of a Toyota Prius before pulling the trigger.
        Unfortunately they seem headed the wrong way and went up 41%.

Comment

Aren't Tesla's at a huge discount now?

Comment

Up to 40 times as much lithium required as is produced today, will definitely make it cheaper!!![/QUOTE]

only in chucky's world , lol

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
              Chuck and I were waiting for Ford Lightning pickups to get down to about the price of a Toyota Prius before pulling the trigger.
              Unfortunately they seem headed the wrong way and went up 41%.
              and they'll have a luxury tax cause they're over a 100 grand ? no ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                and they'll have a luxury tax cause they're over a 100 grand ? no ?
                Win win for liberals.

Comment

My brother in law is a project evaluator for want of a better word for glencore. Travels the world after geolagists have done initial tests as to amount of minerals in what ever deposit they have found.

He told me at xmas lithium at best has a 15yr to 25 yr dig. Commented in Oz where we have a fair bit the greens will block new mines for sure bit of a oxymoron.

Most of it will come from africa and china. China will be able to manipulate the market at will

Comment

I see Norwegian shipping lines are banning electric cars from their ferries, fire risk too high.

Comment

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...