• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Oats

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Oats

Anyone grow them and can you tell me about them?

Best oats I ever grew were derby’s in 1999 and 2004. To me, they were super oats.

Comment

These are the Nasser and So1 types. I grow Camden and they’re alright for grain but I’d like to try these for greenfeed and grain for the cows. Don’t have to grind them. Besides most of the oats I sell go for feed it seems. I gather bushel weight and plump kinda sucks. Local seed grower has cleaned 40000 bushels already and has no trouble selling them.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
        Anyone grow them and can you tell me about them?
        I grew Nasser for a few years. They are about 10 bushels/acre less than Morgan and lighter weight. Guys that feed them, like them though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
          Best oats I ever grew were derby’s in 1999 and 2004. To me, they were super oats.
          Worst crap I ever grew was derby, Morgan only oats I would ever grow, one bad fall dumped in a pile, afsc calculated 213 bu a acre, cleaned it up and they were shy. All said and done 3 years later never made any money lost my seed never grew oats again.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
            I grew Nasser for a few years. They are about 10 bushels/acre less than Morgan and lighter weight. Guys that feed them, like them though.
            Awesome. This is what I needed to know. I used to grow cowboy barley for feed and sold seed. Kinda the same thing I guess. Made lots of bulk but grain yield was trash. Lots of Camden grown around here but neighbour who sells lots of seed says Morgan still outyields Camden by 10 to 15 consistently. Only thing a 200 bushel Camden crop you’ll probably get straight cutting with ease but a Morgan you’ll shaving it off the ground. Both still heavy as heck bushel weight. Think Morgan not as big of wimp in dry conditions.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.