• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sale of Rupertsland

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sale of Rupertsland

What right did Hudson’s Bay Company have to sell the vast Western Domain, Northern Ontario and Quebec, including Northern Territories to Eastern Canada? How did they have titled ownership to this vast expanse?
    See: Canada Buys Rupertsland
    Last edited by sumdumguy; Jan 17, 2023, 16:58.

Right?

Comment

Possession is 9 tenths of the ‘Law’

The war of 1812 ….

Cook, Thompson, the endless settlements that were named after English cities…

And then came the transcontinental Railroad….

Some peoples poison is other peoples medicine…

Cheers

Comment

Sure wish we'd a lost that little war.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          Sure wish we'd a lost that little war.
          In reality, we, as in westerners, did lose that war. We could already be Americans if not for that.
          At some point, probably very soon, we will have to do it all over again.

I sincerely hope it won't be as messy as the secessionist movement in Ukraine is turning out.

I doubt the rest of Canada will be pleased to see the only contributors seceded without putting up a fight.

Comment

This is not totally accurate and a bit out of date but for me the visuals emphasize how we might have developed. Click image for larger version

Name:	20230118_072736.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	774379

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.