• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buildings

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buildings

Driving across the prairies I’ve noticed many new shops/sheds being put up in the last couple years, and I know there were a few people looking at building this next summer. I was just wondering which companies people are going with.

We have a couple goodon sheds and don’t want to put another wood post in the ground for our next building so looking at other options. Priced out an integrity building with 7’ cement pilings, 22’ tall and is $26/sq foot. Looked at a prairie steel building and it was similar priced but the posts are 20’ apart on top of screw piles.

Metal is enticing and these prairie steel buildings seem reasonable. Wondering if anyone has built one and there thoughts on it. This building will be cold storage only, we have a newer shop already so don’t plan to convert this at a later date.

I just did a 60x100 and it was $19.50/sqft, local mennonites.

Couple years ago did a 60x200 and it was $12.50/sqft, built by UFA.

Couple years before that I did two 60x80s, one by the same Mennonite crew and one by Integrity. Both were $16.50/sqft.

I always get multiple quotes. Integrity has really raised their prices and have not been competitive up here anymore for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
      I just did a 60x100 and it was $19.50/sqft, local mennonites.

Couple years ago did a 60x200 and it was $12.50/sqft, built by UFA.

Couple years before that I did two 60x80s, one by the same Mennonite crew and one by Integrity. Both were $16.50/sqft.

I always get multiple quotes. Integrity has really raised their prices and have not been competitive up here anymore for us.
      What size and type of doors in your 60x100? I was looking at an 80x120 with a 50ft bifold from Integrity and was quoted $26.25/sq ft. Alot more than it should be.

Comment

Neighbor just put up 90x110 concrete walls and floor

Comment

Neighbor, 80x200 Prairie Post, 40' bifold, $19/sq ft. Booked in summer

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
            Neighbor, 80x200 Prairie Post, 40' bifold, $19/sq ft. Booked in summer
            90x220 with 50’ bifolds is $24.50 plus taxes/groundwork/power. A long ways from cheap.

Comment

Integrity built us an 84’ by 260’ by 22’ cold storage in 2020. 7 ft perma columns with LVL posts every 5 th post, hurricane brackets, shear end walls of doubled layer 3/4 inch fur plywood with 50ft bifolds and VFD controls on both ends. Translucent panel below eve on south wall. 4 man doors. $14.42/sq ft plus pst and gst. Power, lighting, gravel, concrete door abutments and eve’s troughing were all extra.
              Have two goodon buildings put up early the 2000s and they are much poorer quality buildings. I like the fact that integrity is a fully engineered building for our particular climatic/weather zone with a complete set of blueprints. Any building erected is only as good as the crew doing the erection. Considering a Robertson steel building for new shop project as wider spans are more easily achievable as opposed to wood structures.
              Always amazed how US built farm buildings seem to be constructed to far less structural girth than those here in western Canada as evident on social media

Comment

Comment

This is the concrete building with wood roof

Comment

Originally posted by Druther View Post
                    This is the concrete building with wood roof
                    Do I dare ask the price of a concrete building?

Comment

Quote was $24sq/ft...20ft walls...10 inches thick insulated

Comment

Walls set on piles or on a thick reinforced slab? That's a deal!

Comment

Walls on sit on solid foundation approx 30"wide 24"deep...big door is 60x20

Comment

I’d think it’s prefab slabs with vertical holes in the concrete. Like some apartment floors are built with, I could be wrong but it’s my best guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Druther View Post
                              Quote was $24sq/ft...20ft walls...10 inches thick insulated
                              Was that built a few years back. I recently got quotes from 4 different companies, for a pole shed, no insulation, $24sq/ft.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.