• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Cocktail

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Cocktail

Well, it's Friday thank god. Actually, it was a great week to attend the Crop Production show got some more quotes, and talked to lots of old friends.

Ready for next week in Brandon then a week and get the heck out of here.

What can I say in the news Lisa Marie Presley died last night and a huge mega project in Australia costing some 35 billion is done. They were going to waste 25000 acres of land for solar panels and then ship power to Singapore.

This is Trudeau's world without oil and gas and oh yea now they want us to cut out gas stoves and what's next barbeques and then furnaces and water heaters these ****ers won't stop till we're all one switch away from being done.

Seen a good tic toc from a first nations guy saying what's happening in Canada now is nothing more than what happened to the Indians way back when the liberals forced them on reserves and you got free housing etc. When you listen to it he's not that far off the mark.

Oh, and why do these ****ing fools going to WEF need 5000 security guards. Really what's going on?

I see Kevin got put in the AG haul of fame for Saskatchewan, that's a good pick.

Well like I said I'm learning a lot this trip home.

Suffering Bastard that's the name of this week's cocktail

1 oz/30 mL bourbon
    1 oz/30mL gin (use a dry style for best results)
    1 tsp. lime juice
    1 dash of Angostura Bitters
    approximately 4 oz/118 mL of chilled ginger beer

Shake all ingredients with ice except the ginger beer for 15-20 seconds. Pour unstrained into a double Old Fashioned glass, Stir in ginger beer. Garnish with mint sprig and an orange wedge.

Hopefully, all are having a great week.

oh yea one more thing this week Japan wants natural gas from canada, germany wanted our natural gas. trudeau talks about moving to the new deal and ****s western canada again.

any one eleae getting he isn’t on western canadas side at all.

25000 acres for the shit show solar farm what a joke and it’s broke.

found this old photo of our CCIL swather brand new

Comment

snow at the lake is over my knees in the trees

what’s a hood size skid

Comment

The photo of the swather . Interesting , the land all got farm back then as well.

Farmers have spent millions due to environmentalists for cleaner emissions on their equipment and for the amount of time reduced in equipment , that has provided the greatest reduction in emissions.

That swather probably spewed less emissions than the ones today. As it wasn't on high idle doing a burn, it was working.

Comment

Agree it burnt way less fuel and you got stuff cut not a lot of comfort and you froze your back as the airconditioner blasted on your kidneys.

Fun times.

Oh and Trudeau Sucks.

Comment

Went to the show Monday and Tuesday. Nice to get back meet up with friends, and see the crazy high priced machinery, etc.

Big talk was land prices and cash rents. Grain prices and inputs seem to be secondary.
            It’s really getting tempting to exit this ridiculous game.

Comment

looking at X9 and listening to comments..."OMG the complication, massive size and WEIGHT...insane cost per acre, and ONE sensor and the monster stops."

Anyone have the weight of the monsters? Check your manuals, apparently Deere embarrassed to print anywhere.

one # was 78000 lbs, double a S 680.
              Last edited by fjlip; Jan 13, 2023, 12:04.

Comment

ONE sensor and the monster stops

aint that the issue with so much stuff today well all i suppose.

We a old girl fordson major with a Pto post hole digger.

Has a tarp over her Hasnt been running for 5 years put a battery in her cranked her over fired up in 15 seconds. I think 1964.

Try that with modern stuff

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C121E1B6-29A4-49E6-96AE-4398CE41E066.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	774368

Comment

The sun is poking out a couple minutes at a time which is nice after a week of fog and cloud.

Beautiful temps at least and it feels like we should be dressed like SF is in his picture above😉

Sold the yearling heifers yesterday and got 45 cents better than a year ago which is great.

It was an easy decision to hit the sell button after the bidding was done. Nice some inflation finally rubbed off on the cattle price side of things. Watched some 500 lb steers fetch $3.51 which makes me curious where things will be a year from now?

Fun times ahead …………… hopefully 🍻

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                      The sun is poking out a couple minutes at a time which is nice after a week of fog and cloud.

Beautiful temps at least and it feels like we should be dressed like SF is in his picture above😉

Sold the yearling heifers yesterday and got 45 cents better than a year ago which is great.

It was an easy decision to hit the sell button after the bidding was done. Nice some inflation finally rubbed off on the cattle price side of things. Watched some 500 lb steers fetch $3.51 which makes me curious where things will be a year from now?

Fun times ahead …………… hopefully 🍻
                      Good to hear Woodland. We backgrounded our calves and they are set to go in a week and a half. In talking to the auction mart certainly sounds like lots of cows have been sold. The reality is most cow calf guys are my age or older(58), prices will have to provide some incentive to inspire the young guys to continue, that simple. $3.51 for 500 lb. calves, probably where it will need to be to get some growth.

Comment

I hope the cattle industry gets a well deserved shot in the arm. The amount of BS you guys have endured the last 15-20 years should amount to some sort of prize waiting at the end of the rainbow.

I believe with as many older guys exiting the industry as there are, it should be very good for hopefully a long while.

Comment

500 pound calves have to be at 4 bucks.

There will be no growth in the cattle industry unless that happens.

Balers are approaching 100k

Tractors , even used ones are ridiculous.

Now start talking pasture.

You can't get any young guy with a lick of math skills to make sense of entering the cattle business as a cow calf guy.

And that's where it all starts.
                          Last edited by bucket; Jan 16, 2023, 09:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
                            ONE sensor and the monster stops

aint that the issue with so much stuff today well all i suppose.

We a old girl fordson major with a Pto post hole digger.

Has a tarp over her Hasnt been running for 5 years put a battery in her cranked her over fired up in 15 seconds. I think 1964.

Try that with modern stuff
                            yes them old fordsons are very hard to beat for easy starting , and they stay going for ever , i have a colection of them here !

Comment

Brandon Manitoba = Manitoba Ag Days.

See you all soon.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.