• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't drink and bid at auction

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't drink and bid at auction

Land south of Ranfurly AB (25 miles SE of Vegreville) brought anywhere from 1M to 1.24M/quarter on CLH bid yesterday. I have been through the area a number of times and there are nice parcels there but this is nowhereville. Is there more to the story? Compare to the stuff sold near Camrose in November at 800K/quarter. I sold some spring wheat for March yesterday and was lucky to get $12 and oat bids are $4. Have bin of oats that is not selling for that and so do many others I know so back to carry over. A bit worried about carry over wheat as well since I don't have much storage. (Darn ozzies) Whatever those guys are smoking, I want some of it. The bet here is that the canuck buck is worthless in five years and that may yet happen. Right now it is regaining some of the purchasing power lost over the past few years which of course is exactly what caused the 80's farm crisis.
    Last edited by ajl; Jan 12, 2023, 10:50.

Originally posted by ajl View Post
    Land south of Ranfurly AB (25 miles SE of Vegreville) brought anywhere from 1M to 1.24M/quarter on CLH bid yesterday. I have been through the area a number of times and there are nice parcels there but this is nowhereville. Is there more to the story? Compare to the stuff sold near Camrose in November at 800K/quarter. I sold some spring wheat for March yesterday and was lucky to get $12 and oat bids are $4. Have bin of oats that is not selling for that and so do many others I know so back to carry over. A bit worried about carry over wheat as well since I don't have much storage. (Darn ozzies) Whatever those guys are smoking, I want some of it. The bet here is that the canuck buck is worthless in five years and that may yet happen. Right now it is regaining some of the purchasing power lost over the past few years which of course is exactly what caused the 80's farm crisis.
    Oil leases?

Comment

Just think what kind of money the guy selling that land can make if we ever get 80's int. rates again.

Comment

A squeeze coming I believe.
        Not as bad a one I feel.
        I don't want to see what it takes for values to fall by half.
        Difference now is the buyers are much stronger.

Comment

Land at 5000 per acre would imply a 250 rent at 5 % . Is this a scenario anyone could live with? This will not end well.
          Last edited by agstar77; Jan 12, 2023, 14:16.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
            Land at 5000 per acre would imply a 250 rent at 5 % . Is this a scenario anyone could live with? This will not end well.
            Not in this part of dry land Sask, but who knows where this will end up .
            Depends on how far Monnette will push prices ??
            It gets that high , maybe time to bow out, one can only chase unicorns so far

Comment

Is any dryland landlord getting 5%?
              More like 2.5?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                Is any dryland landlord getting 5%?
                More like 2.5?
                I would see my area is closer to 1%. Somewhat further east it is closer to 2%.

Comment

Interest rates may well take out “investment” money that was flowing .
                  2% don’t cut er when 8% is out there , I see a peak reached and will show soon

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Interest rates may well take out “investment” money that was flowing .
                    2% don’t cut er when 8% is out there , I see a peak reached and will show soon
                    The real investment money was looking at high annual appreciation. That ends too.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                      The real investment money was looking at high annual appreciation. That ends too.
                      Agreed , time will tell

Comment

Appreciation of land values will continue….

The propensity of central banks to spend /supply governments in ‘Power’ with quantitative easing….

The spending of $trillions is not about to stop any time soon…

The WEF and New World Order….are well entrenched in‘Western Economies’ the adoption of‘Climate Change’ ‘New Green Deal’ economics… virtually guarantees productive agricultural land values… will continue to appreciate .

The Japanese central bank and monetary policy… of appreciation (real estate) to inflate assets … to mitigate debt…

Is a being adopted globally… the unrelenting expansion of money supply… inflates real asset values….

History bears this out.

Blessings and Salutations

Comment

What happened to land values in the 80’s
                          History does repeat I agree

Comment

[QUOTE=furrowtickler;557896]What happened to land values in the 80’s
                            History does repeat I agree[/QUOTE. Few here remembers this, I do.

Comment

[QUOTE=makar;557897]
                              Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              What happened to land values in the 80’s
                              History does repeat I agree[/QUOTE. Few here remembers this, I do.
                              Neighbor started a feedlot 1980, to quote him in the local watering hole, Do you know how much 25 percent interest on a million dollars is?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.