• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian bucks

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian bucks

Our loonie is always valued against the US dollar, it hasn’t changed in value much lately but the US has similar inflation and problems as Canada so wouldn’t it be more accurate to value it against a currency without a woke green agenda?
    How has the US dollar been holding value globally? My thoughts are if we are comparing ourselves with a crumbling US dollar we are not getting the whole picture of how our Canadian dollar stacks up on a global scale.

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
    Our loonie is always valued against the US dollar, it hasn’t changed in value much lately but the US has similar inflation and problems as Canada so wouldn’t it be more accurate to value it against a currency without a woke green agenda?
    How has the US dollar been holding value globally? My thoughts are if we are comparing ourselves with a crumbling US dollar we are not getting the whole picture of how our Canadian dollar stacks up on a global scale.
    Correct many a highly edumacated economists do not get that concept. Best to compare the dollar against a basket of commodities. Since 1971 with the abolishment of Bretton Woods quasi gold standard the dollar has lost 95%+ of its purchasing power. Usd looks to be rolling over the downside imo.

Comment

GR, the loon has been detached from oil due to our massive debt overburden. It will be 60 some cents before you know it.

Canada just dropped another $20B for some jets. We are in way over our head here.

Comment

Canada just doesn't look like a good place to invest your money these days. Unless you think coffee shops full of homeless folks is a good buy. I wonder if Japan will have better luck trying to buy gas ?

Comment

Someone must have arranged the meeting with the Japanese? Not like he just shows up one day unannounced.
          They are looking for east coast departure. That good or bad?
          Mr Treudau might just splain to him the we won't be producing O&G in the near future.
          We're not the dirty people trying to create wealth. We're Canadians and above that kind of stuff.
          We have a climate activists looking after that part of our resources.

Comment

The only LNG facility close to operation is Kitimat. There is nothing on the east coast. Why would Japan want to transit Panama to get their gas. Man these guys are stupid.

Comment

Why would the Japerese want to anything with this weirdo county? Maybe he’ll take Chuck and a bunch of Liberals back home with him - to make Japan great. 🙈

Comment

If you weren't in Bitcoin before, the recession and the SBF scam has made Bitcoin the perfect currency to use your Canadian fiat dollars to purchase. It is the "hardest" currency and will outlast all the fiat money and likely gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormin View Post
                  If you weren't in Bitcoin before, the recession and the SBF scam has made Bitcoin the perfect currency to use your Canadian fiat dollars to purchase. It is the "hardest" currency and will outlast all the fiat money and likely gold.
                  Who owns bitcoin? The main guy behind it

Comment

Just a wag.
                    The war has decoupled a % of trade away from the USD. That won't come back.
                    Thinking the greenback will be defacto world currency for a while yet because it's a legally stable jurisdiction.
                    The answer to the question in 50 years lies in what's best for China.
                    Once we're hooked on the yuan, stability will look the way Beijing wants it to.
                    Our CAD will always be relational to the USD. But I don't see a par dollar for decades. If ever again. $.80 seems dreamy.
                    Looking at what has increased in price the most this past year and what makes up the bulk of our GDP, we'll have a commodity dollar for some time.
                    A start would be politicians with a background in business. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
                    And a population that knows how to pay a mortgage. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                      Who owns bitcoin? The main guy behind it
                      No one owns Bitcoin. 21M Bitcoin sit on servers and there is no one owner. The reason it is the hardest currency is that there will only ever be 21million Bitcoin making it a more scarce currency than gold and unable to be stolen or oversold like gold.
                      My knowledge is limited but I think this is where I am investing some of my hard earned dollars.
                      Michael Saylor or Max Kiaser have been in Bitcoin for a long time and they are boomers, so not mellennials sitting in the parents basement. They know lots. You can find them on Utube, Rumble, etc. Countries like El Salvador are adopting Bitcoin as there currency.
                      And you know it has promise when governments are attempting to destroy it with the likes of the SBF debacle.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormin View Post
                        No one owns Bitcoin. 21M Bitcoin sit on servers and there is no one owner. The reason it is the hardest currency is that there will only ever be 21million Bitcoin making it a more scarce currency than gold and unable to be stolen or oversold like gold.
                        My knowledge is limited but I think this is where I am investing some of my hard earned dollars.
                        Michael Saylor or Max Kiaser have been in Bitcoin for a long time and they are boomers, so not mellennials sitting in the parents basement. They know lots. You can find them on Utube, Rumble, etc. Countries like El Salvador are adopting Bitcoin as there currency.
                        And you know it has promise when governments are attempting to destroy it with the likes of the SBF debacle.
                        Who is behind Bitcoin? SBF was behind ftx.
                        I know there are 3rd party miners “making bitcoins” but where does the money go when you buy a bitcoin?

Comment

"When someone buys Bitcoins, the money they pay goes to the seller of the Bitcoins. The seller can then use the money however they see fit, such as by transferring it to a bank account or using it to make purchases. It's important to note that buying Bitcoins is not the same as buying a physical good or service."

in other words you'd wanna be in on the ground floor , but i will admit , way beyond me

Comment

Can't be too bad yet feedmill, fuel guy and case credit still taking cash

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                              Who is behind Bitcoin? SBF was behind ftx.
                              I know there are 3rd party miners “making bitcoins” but where does the money go when you buy a bitcoin?
                              Bitcoin is decentralized.

Satoshi Nakamoto created Bitcoin; however, if anyone knows who that is, they are not telling.

Transactions ON the Bitcoin network are confirmed by miners who are rewarded with a fee.

Transactions are direct between two parties.

There is no person or entity to target in an attempt to reduce the utility or stop adoption

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...