• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoar frost

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoar frost

We have been getting a lot of hoar frost. It started after the cold snap of -40s just before Christmas. Some people think that there will be moisture 3 months out from the hoar frost and some believe that it will be 6 months out. There could be something to this and we will see as March and June roll around. I think we are due for a wet spell. In this neck of the woods, that means ~3 years of wearing rubber boots everywhere. (based on local data compiled by local residents since before 1981)

We always have hoar frost. Maybe that’s what sets this area apart?

Comment

lots of ***** frost here
      it doesn't work

Comment

I meant to post this a week ago. 3 months out, no measurable moisture. Now we'll see about 6 months out, right around the start of haying.

Comment

Originally posted by littledoggie View Post
          We have been getting a lot of hoar frost. It started after the cold snap of -40s just before Christmas. Some people think that there will be moisture 3 months out from the hoar frost and some believe that it will be 6 months out. There could be something to this and we will see as March and June roll around. I think we are due for a wet spell. In this neck of the woods, that means ~3 years of wearing rubber boots everywhere. (based on local data compiled by local residents since before 1981)
          CORRECTION - just found some pictures from the hoar frost on a device I don't use much. The hoar frost appeared and lingered from January 5th to the 17th. I will pay attention up until July 17th for a "6 month out" response. No precipitation since the July 5th start date. Showers in the forecast from now until July 17th.

We have had localized periodic moisture events since the middle of May which all added up. The crops look great but it didn't help the forage any. Hay grasses are slow to respond even yet.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            lots of ***** frost here
            it doesn't work
            Proof now for sure , just a witchcraft tail

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...