• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Books and Barley

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books and Barley

I have some good news.

In November, WBGA announced the publication of "WESTERN BARLEY'S LEGACY, The History
    of the Western Barley Growers Association 1977-2022"

WBGA were an amazing group of men who became the pillars of barley growing. They nourished the industry. Protected it. Advanced it. Promoted barley. Stripped the problems aside. Were the of voice barley growers when standing side by side with politicians. And policy. I was always impressed by them. The solidarity. The focus. Articulating their policy needs.

They were men who stood for something noble. Worthy. Positive. Building. Future. They didn’t fold or backtrack. I was and still am a fan of what they stood for and an admirer of their very strength they stood tall on

Russ Crawford contacted me last year saying they were writing a book, he’s a writer, and had his hand in this venture and it’s here folks. It’s a good time to order it through amazon . com so you receive it in lots of time for Father’s Day. Dad will like it. So will moms.

"We wanted to document the history of our association for future generations," said Brian Otto, Past President of the WBGA. "All of the members and directors over the years took a lot of pride in the work they were doing for farmers, so we decided to write a book and tell the story."

"No one expected it would take 35 years to get rid of the Canadian Wheat Board monopoly," said Doug Robertson, WBGA President. "But our determined
    membership never gave up the fight for marketing choice." They didn’t.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1999280555 or simply buy in a bookstore.

Western Barley Growers Association is a strong voice for a vibrant, market responsive barley industry in Western Canada.

Doug Robertson is President of WBGA

403-337-2077

dougarob@gmail.com

Thanks Barley Growers!

Request: Drop a line on this thread why you want to read the “Western Barley’s Legacy” book. I’ll read all your comments and pick out what I think is the best reply, and have a book sent to you, and I’ll pay for it.

That’s my gift to you during a cold January. Don’t wait too long. A week from tonight is cutoff. Thx

Hugs from Pars.

One other consideration to add:

Russ Crawford has written 2 other books as well.

“Limit Up“ is a a book about the 1972 Soviet Great Grain Robbery, a fiction, and is popular. He also wrote a biography about a Canadian WW1 hero who was a Japanese immigrant. Good books to order so you don’t pull out your hair in January, reading Trudeau’s constant fake facts.

Would love to read it parsley to glean and compare any parallels between our erroneous marketing system for barley compared to yours in canada.

Im sure theres uncanny resemblance of failings in both countries and why free market triumphed eventually mostly due to those with vision going foward ,many years foward in some cases.

They were way ahead of the times.

Barely a single soul yearns for a return to past marketing methods, to do so would be a act of sheer folly.

Hats of to those brave intelligent men with such foresight.

Comment

As time goes on here and more and more information comes available due to privacy acts preventing release of many documents until certain amount of years have passed.

Shows were well and truely hoodwinked even beguiled.

enough from me happy new year pars, hope the ticker is as strong as ever.

Comment

Hey we need some more people to write a note saying why you’re interested in receiving the new book about barley folks/industry/barley farming/barley politics.

Barley folks put a huge effort into supporting and building the industry! Post a note, will you? ! The Barley Growers have offered to mail the winner the book they wrote and had published. Received a note from them and they are also going to cover the cost of the book, too! Holy smokes!

Drop a line so you have a chance to expand your library. If you’re like me, you have books all over the house. I’ve even got boxes of them under the beds and in the barn. What can I say. Pars.
        Last edited by parsley; Jan 7, 2023, 12:38.

Comment

One person will win the book. Which province has the most convincing writer?

Comment

Landdownunder wins himself the Barley Grower’s new book. It will be mailed! Happy reading! Pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.