• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New NFU President

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New NFU President

The National Farmer Union is pleased to announce that Jenn Pfenning is the incoming President of the National Farmers Union. NFU members from across the country met at the NFU’s first hybrid convention held in Saskatoon and virtually November 24 to 26, 2022.

Jenn Pfenning is a family owner and the Director of Human Resources, Marketing and Operations at Pfenning’s Organic Farm in New Hamburg, Ontario. She enjoys working alongside local and migrant workers to produce food that serves her passion for healthy living, food justice and strong community.

All you environment killing, herbicide spraying, fertilizer polluting GMO farmers will be well represented by the outspoken Union.

chuck types will be pleased

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
      The National Farmer Union is pleased to announce that Jenn Pfenning is the incoming President of the National Farmers Union.

All you environment killing, herbicide spraying, fertilizer polluting GMO farmers will be well represented by the outspoken Union.
      I have to admit I am curious Tweety how you feel a provocative statement like this would increase support for the NFU among normal conventional farmers like myself. My first mental reaction was a long string of profanities but of course that is what you wanted, not going to give you the satisfaction!!!!

Comment

The part that caused me to lmao was "food justice".

Comment

Regardless of how I farm, the NFU, like the idiotic PM, doesn’t speak for me. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
            The part that caused me to lmao was "food justice".
            Right? Define food justice please tweety.

Comment

Should be in rural issues so Glenn can respond and get all butthurt about us slagging his beloved institution. I see how some here are critical of our wheat, barley, canola, or pulse boards for either doing nothing or flying off to posh locations like band council for meetings but these NFU types are downright against anything ag other than organic or some hippy dippy shit. They don’t need to jet nor do they need to to draw mine nor the majority of farmers disdain. Tweety if this is your means of baiting or you are on side with the majority here make it known. Don’t be a Chuck baiting a fight if you are.

Comment

I took his post as a psa with some tongue in cheek sarcasm at the end.

After thinking about it for a sec.
                Wish the real industry had the support proportionally that the make believe one does.

Comment

Yea Apas
                  Step up

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                    Regardless of how I farm, the NFU, like the idiotic PM, doesn’t speak for me. Ever.
                    Yes they do. And that is the only part of this that is idiotic. Your naivety. The PM is your PM and makes decisions that affect you. Drop the "Mr Trump is my President not Joe Biden" mentality.

They have the ear of any leader who shops at Whole Foods. Ag Policy direction comes from leaders, not farmers on Agriville.

Comment

Yes they do. And that is the only part of this that is idiotic. Your naivety. The PM is your PM and makes decisions that affect you. Drop the "Mr Trump is my President not Joe Biden" mentality.

They have the ear of any leader who shops at Whole Foods. Ag Policy direction comes from leaders, not farmers on Agriville.
                      Good you clarified things. You outlined the what has been the norm with liberal pm’s and the nfu for years. The nfu is a dangerous entity such as Chuck is in that they’re capable enough to get the sympathetic ear of media and left of centre governments to convey their positions which do not align with the greater majority of farmers, and which are detrimental to most farmers ability to farm. I’ve thought it would be worthwhile for real farmers to join the the loons and push the loons out but it’s be like a Jew joining the nazi party to change things.

Comment

New name for NFU? “Lefty Loons” ?

Comment

The sad thing is that most of the NFU org's in other countries maintained a pro modern farming stance and still enjoy much wider rural support. The NFU in Canada , especially in post CWB days is a fraction of what it was back in the day. The fact that they are against modern GMO Canola, Corn, and soybean growing is one of the causes that will keep them from broad support. Wait another few years and the last of the old pro single desk supporters will be gone and their membership numbers will be even worse from the prairies. It is apparent that the NFU will be run and controlled by the organic market gardeners from the East that are pretty far removed from the rural prairie issues.

Comment

Agreed. But let's consider what Stats Can considers a farm.
                            Hypothetically, NFU could represent as many farms as the WCWGA.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                              Agreed. But let's consider what Stats Can considers a farm.
                              Hypothetically, NFU could represent as many farms as the WCWGA.
                              Both politically on opposite sides of the table, so they will both be around for a while.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...