• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird Xmas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Xmas

Holy Crow, some people are really weird - or adventurous, maybe. 😂 our Xmas crew celebrated early Dec 23. 1/3 crew is in Disneyland and California, 1/3 is stranded on some little Hawaiian island trying to get to Maui and the other third is back here pushing snow( quite a blizzard Xmas Eve) and throwing logs in the fire. We are like the “Little Train That Could” singing, “I think I can” as we bumble through life on the Palliser’s Triangle. Happy holidays Agrivillers. Lots of snow here, time to get the toboggans out, we’re coming outta the deep freeze. 👍🐎

Merry Christmas Ag Friends

It’s that time of year when you think of the past. School concerts. Special treats “Aunty “ made. Singing. Exchanging gifts together. A note to a special person in your life. Really really good mashed potatoes and gravy. Homemade fudge.

But it is also that time of year when you’re in the now. Kids galore. In fact I contacted pinkeye two weeks ago. And luckily had the eye drops to treat it, so the malady was gone within two days.

Christmas cards are waning but texts multiplied via “whoosh” delivery. My district continued to have a community Christmas party complete with the turkey and all the trimmings! And gifts. I ate three Turkey dinners in one week. A Saskatchewan decade-old wind moved in from several decades ago so the weather was mean, and fierce at times, but often mellowed out in the afternoon sun. The deer scratched near the bins everyday; the elk stayed in the bush. I had a FaceTime 2hour thirty four minute call from Mexico which was a ‘1st’ lengthy treat for me. No one got arrested in SE Saskatchewan for singing Christmas carols that I heard about. Yet. The world has changed so much, and at the same time, stayed the same. People still like to warm the hearts of the old friends they see at Christmas, and new friends seem to have inherited the same genetic response.

Merry Christmas to you and your family during this wonderful season of reaching out. And smiling. And eating.

It makes us who we are. Pars
    Last edited by parsley; Dec 26, 2022, 15:28. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I guess glued to the couch is no longer a bad thing.

Comment

Christmas is in our Hearts, our minds, and the light of the World is the Love we give to others…. No matter where they are!

Humanity is different than all the rest of the Universe…. Because we have eternal consciousness… beyond time… and physical matter!

That is what is so special about Christmas… the creator of all that has been and will be… shared in humanity with us!

Now we have the opportunity to share Love and the light of the Universe to overcome the darkness of evil! Forgiveness is a gift, that lights up all our existence!

Blessings and Salutations

Comment

Agree.
          But sometimes.... it's good it only comes once a year.

Comment

Some of us still have Ukrainian Christmas. Cooking that wheat, making buckwheat cabbage rolls and perogies. Buying about one cup of wheat at Ukrainian Coop $4.19 and ground poppy same.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              Some of us still have Ukrainian Christmas. Cooking that wheat, making buckwheat cabbage rolls and perogies. Buying about one cup of wheat at Ukrainian Coop $4.19 and ground poppy same.
              You make the best Ukrainian dishes. It’s a skill that must never be lost. merry Christmas, sd.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                I guess glued to the couch is no longer a bad thing.
                Make a pot of fine fare and ask your neighbours in. Can’t go wrong. I’ll bet you can cook. Lol. Merry, merry.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                  Christmas is in our Hearts, our minds, and the light of the World is the Love we give to others…. No matter where they are!

Humanity is different than all the rest of the Universe…. Because we have eternal consciousness… beyond time… and physical matter!

That is what is so special about Christmas… the creator of all that has been and will be… shared in humanity with us!

Now we have the opportunity to share Love and the light of the Universe to overcome the darkness of evil! Forgiveness is a gift, that lights up all our existence!

Blessings and Salutations
                  Enjoy your grands, Tom and Lucy! Hope the New Year brings you lots of joy!

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    Agree.
                    But sometimes.... it's good it only comes once a year.
                    Cook more and have Christmas everyday. Lol. Merry merry! Lol

Comment

Good to hear from you Parsley.
                      Sounds like you're doing very well.
                      Actually, I've found a wonderful lady who manages to feed me physically and spiritually, once in a while inside her busy schedule. I don't cook LoL. Onwards and Upwards. Happy New Year!

Comment

Happy New Year Parsley 🐎✔️

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
                          Cook more and have Christmas everyday. Lol. Merry merry! Lol
                          All the Best in 2023 Parsley!

Many Blessings!!

Comment

After slight detour to a Hawaiian Island called Lihue, today our eldest son’s family finally were united in Maui. ( I think they made a silk glove out of this sow’s ear.) They had a lot of adventures and saw new unknown territory. the flight cancellation that started Dec 24 morning finally got them all to Maui - 4 days.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...