• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A taste of reality

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A taste of reality

Woke up to no heat in the house at -35
    Turned out Sask Energy’s meter gave up
    Hats off to Sask energy guy there in an hour Christmas Eve with a smile on his face !
    Some of these people that dislike fossil fuels need to get their heads outta their asses
    This is no country for woke childrens games

would be wonderfull if their was some way to let all the clueless creatures just fend for themselves , see how long they would survive in -35 , provide their own energy and food and transport etc

Comment

COLDEST, thinnest populated, most trees, 1000's of lakes! We should never even UTTER words about C02, green SH IT energies. Just daily be thankful for OIL and GAS! And lots of C02!

We would never have been habitable.

Comment

Weather like this, especially when something goes wrong, always makes me think of those who survived in this country before our time.

I have the utmost of respect for the first Nations and Inuit and pioneers and voyagers and explorers,
        But especially the Inuit
        I know full well that I lack the skill set and the fortitude to survive without the luxuries of our modern fossil fuel powered civilization.
        Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Dec 24, 2022, 16:40.

Comment

Even those who fed cattle before bales or sheaves, can you imagine walking out to the barn shoveling the door open so you can hook the team to the sleigh, then shovel the snow away from the hay stack so you can fork hay onto the sleigh and forking loose hay in the 60 - 80 k wind we had in the last few days would be frustrating to say the least. The death loss would have been high.
          Can you imagine if these ranchers could see what goes on with the absolute fluffy silliness that goes on today and the voters who again and again adamantly support it.

Comment

My forefathers came to Alberta [Edm East] in 1881. No railroad yet... went to Winnipeg in the summer with horse and wagon for supplies. Coal was the main winter heating with firewood.

Many Inuit were forced by the Canadian Government into the far north... to establish Canadian sovereignty...

Comment

Merry Christmas!

Blessings and Salutations

Comment

I do wish I had natural gas but when it’s cold in the house somebody better put another log on the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  Weather like this, especially when something goes wrong, always makes me think of those who survived in this country before our time.

I have the utmost of respect for the first Nations and Inuit and pioneers and voyagers and explorers,
                  But especially the Inuit
                  I know full well that I lack the skill set and the fortitude to survive without the luxuries of our modern fossil fuel powered civilization.
                  They weren’t exactly thriving. They were literally barely hanging on. I have read many of the Kelsey papers. Natives were extremely sparse, game was few and far between, they nearly starved pretty much constantly. The supposed noble tribes that sat around celebrating their culture is recently made up revisionist history. At least in the Prairie region.

Kelsey went hundreds of miles and saw no one. He went hundreds of miles eating seagulls, and birds eggs. Finally they found some bison and grizzly bears.

It was not the utopia we are led to believe it was.

My point is they weren’t doing very well. How could you without steel and the basic wheel?

Comment

They were in balance with the resources at hand. As it was, so shall it be.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post

Merry Christmas!

Blessings and Salutations
                      I did not know that. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Government ALWAYS knows what's best for us peasants...sad result that was. Screw the COLD Arctic!

Ya sure, we see the BS everyday all over the MSM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

But especially the Inuit
                          I'm with you AF. My ancestors became the first permanent occupants of an open prairie that isn't survivable without fossil fuels. There are still wagon trails in places heading to the river valley to get coal. If fossil fuels are outlawed I guess we will have to leave.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...