• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shit s literally hitting the fan

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit s literally hitting the fan

https://www.producer.com/news/tearing-communities-apart/

Comment

Hey sheep, solar panels and your herd can graze under them! Win win!

"We also say, however, if developing a full array on farmland, please consider co-locating solar with crops or livestock. Sheep and some types of plants can be raised under solar arrays, although wheat or barley aren’t options because of the size of the farm equipment needed to harvest those crops, said MacKenzie."

Comment

Put the dam solar panels on all the tall office buildings in the cities already !!
        Been saying that for years .
        Also install the windmills on top where the winds are strongest .

They are polluting the countryside with these things . Far worse that any farmer is doing raising livestock and or grain

Comment

They could literally install 10’s of thousands of these on city buildings….

And every skysc****r is literally a solar panel already .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Put the dam solar panels on all the tall office buildings in the cities already !!
            Been saying that for years .
            Also install the windmills on top where the winds are strongest .

They are polluting the countryside with these things . Far worse that any farmer is doing raising livestock and or grain
            No farmers are not the problem, but I'll pose the question to you that farm in SK and AB haven't the abandoned pump jacks and leases polluted your countryside?

I feel that green energy will make up a portion of our needs one day maybe (25-50%) , but fossil fuels will always be needed.

Comment

[QUOTE=foragefarmer;556713]No farmers are not the problem, but I'll pose the question to you that farm in SK and AB haven't the abandoned pump jacks and leases polluted your countryside?

I am wondering how much it will be and for who when it comes time to clean up "Green Energy" sites

Comment

[QUOTE=wade;556721]
                Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                No farmers are not the problem, but I'll pose the question to you that farm in SK and AB haven't the abandoned pump jacks and leases polluted your countryside?

I am wondering how much it will be and for who when it comes time to clean up "Green Energy" sites
                After reading that article I am wondering the same . At land owner’s expense ?
                That could easily wipe out all profit .
                Oil wells are getting cleaned up , although slow .
                Most abandoned wells are from bankrupt companies. I see the same thing happening in the new green world .

Comment

So what happened to the concept of property rights?

Nobody is forcing windmills and solar panels on landowners. These are negotiations between landowners and the companies involved.

But wait the oil industry can expropriate your land under the surface rights act and force an oil well on your farm land whether you want it or not! But that's okay?

And better yet there is hardly any negotiation on compensation, because if you don't like what they are offering they will take you to the surface rights arbitration board in Saskatchewan and they will force you to accept an industry rate.

So the oil industry relies on heavy handed rules and regulations that give all the power to oil industry when it come to negotiating surface leases.

And then they can walk away without paying their leases and abandon their leases and leave the landowner and taxpayers with an expensive mess that needs to be cleaned up.

Comment

“And then they can walk away without paying their leases and abandon their leases and leave the landowner and taxpayers with an expensive mess that needs to be cleaned up.”

I foresee the same thing going to happen with solar and wind
                    In fact it already has .

Comment

Oil and gas run out. The wind and sun will last for ever in human terms. So they can be recycled and replaced with better technology.

Some are suggesting that abandoned oil and gas sites be repurposed to wind and solar sites when it makes sense because a lot of the infrastructure is there already. It is already happening.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

I feel that green energy will make up a portion of our needs one day maybe (25-50%) , but fossil fuels will always be needed.
                        and that is the cold reality

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                          Oil and gas run out. The wind and sun will last for ever in human terms. So they can be recycled and replaced with better technology.
                          the remains of you will be 10 or 15 generation of a tree by then
                          the need for oil will be a distant memory

Comment

So chuck will the resources needed for green energy and the land fills required for the green unrecyclable waste last forever?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

Some are suggesting that abandoned oil and gas sites be repurposed to wind and solar sites when it makes sense because a lot of the infrastructure is there already. It is already happening.
                              Recycled ??

Do they magically turn back into all the raw materials they came from ? From the open pit mines where they were extracted?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...