• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn Cold

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Oh yeah, it must be the shortest day of the year and time for the flat earth climate change deniers to come out and tell us its really cold and that solar and wind don't work in stagnant cold air masses. This is news? LOL

But there are 364 other days in the year and you never seem to bring up amount of generation on the days when the wind is blowing and sun is shining.

Did your power and natural gas go out? Probably not right. So what are you complaining about? Just more whining and sniveling about bad you have it in Alberta? Cry us a river.
    they have brought it up many, many days of the year , not just the shortest
    try and keep up

Comment

It is well known that as many things are electrified, generation capacity and the distribution system will have to be expanded dramtically.

And it will be a transition over time, not done all at once. So you can relax you are not going to freeze in the dark.

But don't let that stop you from telling us how bad your imaginary future will be. Especially if your preferred right wing populist Alberta centric politicians aren't in power! LOL
      Chuck2, seeing as you enjoy calling the rest of us names, I have a new nickname for you, “reality denier”.
      My question for you is have you learned the difference yet between electrical generation capacity and actual electrical generation? Yes wind and solar can installed for capacity but you require wind, solar and a third source whether that is nuclear, hydro or natural gas to guarantee that the kwh is actually available.

Comment

Ouch Hamloc! Stop it that really stings calling me a reality denier. LOL

Do really think after about 4 years of my own 25 kw solar panels that put out on average 35,000 kwh per year that I would think that they would put 25 kw out 365 days 24 hours per day?

Jeez if they were 100% efficient and weren't intermittent and had the sun shining all the time they could put out 219,000 kwh in a whole year! Wholly shite!

What a revelation that some flat earthers think that everyone is a dumb as them!

Comment

Do really think after about 4 years of my own 25 kw solar panels that put out on average 35,000 kwh per year that I would think that they would put 25 kw out 365 days 24 hours per day?

Jeez if they were 100% efficient and weren't intermittent and had the sun shining all the time they could put out 219,000 kwh in a whole year! Wholly shite!

What a revelation that some flat earthers think that everyone is a dumb as them!
          "What a revelation that some flat earthers think that everyone is a dumb as them!"

and there you have it folks , trust this science

Comment

"on average 35,000 kwh per year "

16% annual efficiency. $loser$

Comment

Excellent response Chuck2. You just illustrated the difference between capacity and actual generation. Who is the dumb one?!?!

Comment

I see Chuck is making up numbers about his imaginary solar panels again.

His consumer grade solar installation, in northern Sask, magically has a higher capacity factor than the commercial grade installation in sunny Southern Alberta at Brooks.

I saved this whopper of Chucks from almost exactly two years ago, as evidence that he pulls these supposed numbers out of his ***:

And then there is this extraordinary claim, with no extraordinary evidence to back it up:
                Yesterday at 12 noon on a bright clear day my 25 kw system was putting out 19 kw with the sun low in the south.
                That is 76% of capacity in Northern Sask with the sun at it's lowest angle of the year.
                Meanwhile in sunny southern Alberta( latitude is relevant in this discussion) the 5 solar farms averaged 11.9% at their peak yesterday, very briefly. Now we are supposed to believe that Chuck's consumer grade system is almost 7 times more efficient than the commercial grade systems in a more favourable climate and latitude?
                Or should we believe CaseIh's friend who confirmed that there are no solar panels in Chuck's yard.
                At least if you are going to lie, do a little research and make sure the lie is at least possible.

In fact I checked back a full month, 2 haven't exceeded 40% in that time, only one has exceeded 50% very briefly, twice back in November. But Chuck's imaginary panels made 76%. Amazing.

Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Dec 21, 2022, 11:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                  Excellent response Chuck2. You just illustrated the difference between capacity and actual generation. Who is the dumb one?!?!
                  And in the next breath, he will be back to making claims about cheapest CAPACITY again, oblivious to the fact that he just learned that capacity and generation are not the same thing.

Comment

A5 your response is pretty lame. You don't even know where my panels are located so how would you know what the location is capable of? Let alone the system I have?

See if you had any knowledge of the subject which you really don't seem to have, you would know that most inverters have a digital display and can record the output at any particular time and also tally the whole years output.

So its actually pretty easy for owners to measure and record the performance of solar panels.

And it is possible to reach 75% of their capacity around noon on a bright February or March day with the sun reflected off of the snow.

But you stick to calling mine and all the farm based solar systems as imaginary cause it kind of sums up your perspective on a lot of things! LOL
                    Last edited by chuckChuck; Dec 21, 2022, 15:26.

Comment

Chuck, sorry to have to tell you this but you are so ultra dense, you will never ever be worth trying to save or educate.

Comment

Here is the annual output from both inverters on December 31, 2021 from my imaginary solar panels!

2021 was an exceptional dry and sunny year, so total production was 37858kwh. All carbon and carbon tax free electricity with free fuel from the sun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3196.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	774278Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3194.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	774279

Comment

A5 your response is pretty lame. You don't even know where my panels are located so how would you know what the location is capable of? Let alone the system I have?

See if you had any knowledge of the subject which you really don't seem to have, you would know that most inverters have a digital display and can record the output at any particular time and also tally the whole years output.

So its actually pretty easy for owners to measure and record the performance of solar panels.

And it is possible to reach 75% of their capacity around noon on a bright February or March day with the sun reflected off of the snow.

But you stick to calling mine and all the farm based solar systems as imaginary cause it kind of sums up your perspective on a lot of things! LOL

Chuck2, you never commented on the numbers from B.C. You talk in your posts about me whining about my imaginary future. The “reality” is that I quote you actual numbers being produced and monitored today. It is you that quotes computer based projections for the future. Who is it that is living in an imaginary world?!

Comment

At 16%, you need 6 times over capacity to get to RATED capacity. Coal/Nat gas Line power gets you 100% all the time. 6 times as expensive.

Comment

Do not think there is anyone that does not know we have a very strong addiction to fossil feuls.I believe addictions should not be ignored or have excuses made about them.Will it be easy to kick this addiction? No .Should we give up ? No of course not.Exciting new power sources are being worked on in the past present and future.Many will not pan out but eventually something will come up that helps cut our bad addiction down to a bad habit.And our grandchildren will thank us for that.But for those who believe food comes from stores and insurance will pay for disasters.good luck with that.

Comment

I suggest Buffalo chips. Worked for the natives all those years ago. Why shouldn’t we live like that? Our bad addiction and all.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...