• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cut and Wrap

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut and Wrap

So when buying a half of beef locally, what instructions should I give butcher shop? What should I expect to pay for cut and wrap?

The butcher shop will want to know what size of roasts, thickness of steaks, how many per package, how much hamburger or sausage. I can’t remember what the last one cost per/lb but it will cost more if there is sausage and curing.

Comment

Expect to pay from .80 to 1.50 a lb.

There are general cuts you can’t do much about, but he will want to know thickness of steaks, size of roasts, how many per pack, ground per tube.

Comment

We’re boring when it comes to cutting and wrapping. Steak out T-bones into New York and fillets, half the rib steak it, roast the rest along with the rump, sirloin, Chuck, and grind the rest. If you like a little pink in your steak get them cut a bit thicker like 1/1/4” and up. It makes it easier to keep them more juicy and rare if they’re thick. There’s many other fancy cuts but it costs and wastes other cuts.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...