• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon Tax Debate

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Tax Debate

Conservative motion being tabled this afternoon. Can anyone confirm these numbers.

When do I get my rebate chuck. Gee thanks climate morons.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ctd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	780340
    Last edited by jazz; Dec 8, 2022, 13:24.

Climate cult smiling ear to ear knowing how the wealth transfer will end up and still have zero effect on climate

Comment

Anyone that blames the government for inflation should also give the government credit for their farms net worth doubling the last 7 years also.And that would be a very shallow statement in a complex economy now wouldn't it.

Comment

I work off farm to subsidize the farm, majority do around here, when that no longer makes sense, I will stop and just feed the wildlife. Liberals think they are winning but they will lose in the end.

Comment

My carbon tax free farm diesel fuel bill went up over 50% in 2022. And that was just from higher oil prices and profits taken by the oil industry.

Funny but no one seems to complain about that, just the much smaller amount of the carbon tax.

Comment

[QUOTE=chuckChuck;555612]My carbon tax free farm diesel fuel bill went up over 50% in 2022. And that was just from higher oil prices and profits taken by the oil industry.

Funny but no one seems to complain about that, just the much smaller amount of the carbon tax.[/QUOTE

Fuel price 1.10 litre when oil was 145/barrel in 2008.
            fuel price 1.90 litre when oil was 115/barrel in 2022.

Barely any wage increase, steel price up, chemicals up, transportation costs up, carbon tax, electricity up, but it still doesn't add up.
            What am I missing other than a little gouging here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
              My carbon tax free farm diesel fuel bill went up over 50% in 2022. And that was just from higher oil prices and profits taken by the oil industry.
              A serious question to follow that up.
              Since as you correctly point out, farm fuel is not subject to the CO2 tax. How effective would you say the present CO2 tax has been at encouraging you to reduce your CO2 footprint? It seems to me that's not going to accomplish anything, except keep a few more bureaucrats employed.
              I thought this was a climate emergency?
              Or can the climate differentiate between a righteous CO2 molecule produced by a farmer versus an evil CO2 molecule produced by a soccer mom? We just don't seem to be acting like this is an emergency.
              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Dec 8, 2022, 18:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                I work off farm to subsidize the farm, majority do around here, when that no longer makes sense, I will stop and just feed the wildlife. Liberals think they are winning but they will lose in the end.
                Maybe chuck should sit down and have a read through Atlas Shrugged this winter. Cause that’s where we are going.

Why on earth would I knock myself out to pay for this garbage. I enjoy farming but not going to bust my ass to fight the exponential costs. I can trade stocks from a beach somewhere.

Comment

its on netflix

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                    A serious question to follow that up.
                    Since as you correctly point out, farm fuel is not subject to the CO2 tax. How effective would you say the present CO2 tax has been at encouraging you to reduce your CO2 footprint? It seems to me that's not going to accomplish anything, except keep a few more bureaucrats employed.
                    I thought this was a climate emergency?
                    Or can the climate differentiate between a righteous CO2 molecule produced by a farmer versus an evil CO2 molecule produced by a soccer mom? We just don't seem to be acting like this is an emergency.
                    Soccer moms can choose to drive a smaller more fuel efficient vehicle with no loss in quality of life. Many choose the biggest and least efficient SUVs.

Farmers are producing food and don't have any current options to reduce fuel consumption on 500 Hp tractors and other equipment. Although there is the option to reduce fuel consumption with more efficient smaller light trucks.

The light truck and camper trailer market have seen a decrease this past year. So high fuel prices whether caused by the market or higher taxes do have a big impact on consumption.

Many people are driving less when the trip is optional and also planning to switch to EVs and small more efficient vehicles.

And the market price of oil and fuel has been the biggest increase by far this year with the carbon tax being relatively small part of the increase.

Comment

Econ 101 not your strong suit is it.

People are not going to switch vehicles, or trade a $30k ICE for a $60 EV or take the bus or some shit. Are you nuts.

What they will do is cut down in discretionary spending. Restaurants, Walmart junk, vacations, kids activities. They will not sacrifice food, heating and mobility...period.

And guess where that leads, to a recession/depression. Its coming. Inflation was up again today.

Campers have seen a drop because there is a luxury tax on them courtesy of Trudeau and his retarded band of misfits.

Comment

My parents and grandparents could have told you, poor people aren't personal conservationists by choice. Duh!
                        My $25/hr housekeeper paid retail for a new hybrid. Took it back after 6 months in the shop.
                        Went to get a used front diff for my pickup. Wreckers sold out.
                        Hello, the suits don't know it but the recession is here.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          My parents and grandparents could have told you, poor people aren't personal conservationists by choice. Duh!
                          My $25/hr housekeeper paid retail for a new hybrid. Took it back after 6 months in the shop.
                          Went to get a used front diff for my pickup. Wreckers sold out.
                          Hello, the suits don't know it but the recession is here.
                          2 examples among many is not really evidence. What are the industry trends and plans for the future telling us?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            2 examples among many is not really evidence. What are the industry trends and plans for the future telling us?
                            People will vote with their wallets .

We will see how it plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                              You Alberta and Bc residents failed to mention you dont pay a carbon tax on power bills like Sask residents do do ??

All this time you've been quiet !
                              Isn't it built in to the generation cost already?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...