• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fert price

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny how we were told fert prices were high due to high commodity prices …… what high commodity prices????
    Getting to be a real FN joke!!
    My back is even sore anymore from bending over.

Comment

How's that farmer built urea plant coming along?

Comment

I think the fertilizer plant has turned into a storage shed.

The fertilizer will be produced by local manufactures stored in the sheds in the winter ( a captive storage and distribution center for distribution- blocking supply from other suppliers, keeps manufacturing plants running through the winter, maintaining glorious margins for FNA and manufacturing)

All the large storage sheds recently built ( last 5 years) will operate with similar principles and motivations.
        Hanley coop - Blairs
        South west terminal

Two profit models
        1 cost - plus
        2 what the market will bear + 20%

Farmers are stuck with option 2, this is why canadian farmers cannot compete in the future (other nations)
        Plus
        Skippy

Comment

Should go perfectly with Left/enviro wackos/green sh it to ELIMINATE prairie farms, to SAVE the planet. Heard all into cities. Control is easier, cheaper.

Comment

The 35% tariff on Russian and Belarusian fertilizer… with China indicating that they are not going to export fertilizer… is counterproductive…. Further Carbon taxes on fertilizer production… international exports from Canadian fertilizer production… must be competitive….

Which means….

Canadian farmers are forced to cross subsidize Canadian fertilizer production that is being exported.

Few understand that the 35% tariff on Russian and Belarusian fertilizer is complementary to the Carbon tax… and amounts to a double Carbon tax on Canadian farmers.

Merry Christmas

Comment

Right or wrong we just booked our Nh3 for spring at $1740 a tonne, beats last years at around $2200 but still historically high. Let’s all hope that grain prices can follow along and don’t drop next fall.

Comment

well , lots put it on here in fall for $1.11

Comment

You booked at .96 cents a lb delivered?

Comment

I will be $216,214.00 less than 2022 on nitrogen but blends are the real joke! Paid this week

Comment

I really like the ADM site that posts the prices instead of having to call the salesman and see what the price is every hour.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                          Breadwinner that is the way it should be. Instead it’s treated like top secret information at some dealers that take a day or two to get back to you. Wish they operated in our neighbourhood😉

Comment

ADM got all my business this year (2023). Transparency and they were the cheapest after checking everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                              ADM got all my business this year (2023). Transparency and they were the cheapest after checking everybody else.
                              What I don't get, is Cargill. I phone them to get a price like everyone else. They can be anywhere from 2 weeks or no reply. Just not hungry I guess.

I keep trying because sometimes they are the cheapest by a mile. So don't want to miss out.

Comment

Yeah Cargill was cheapest last year, these companies must know we shop around, fert is the largest expense on the farm.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.