• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soverignty Acts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz
    Maybe so, but it has a nice little confederation bomb attached to it that may get your result at the end of the day.

So the act passes. If Trudeau uses disallowance thats going to raise eyebrows in quebec who rely on this clause. Smith can evoke the NWC to override disallowance anyway.

If Trudeau goes to the SCC to see if its constitutional, that opens up Quebecs use of it and I imagine they will be there to fight along side AB.

The Canadian constitution says nothing about how provincial legislatures legislate, so he has no opening there.

The only thing we have to worry about is Rachel Nazi and the commies in Edmonton. Imagine the funds from Soros and Schwab will start pouring in.
    I can smell the election cheat already. We are seeing push polls claiming nutly to be more popular than she is. Kenney ran on a right wing program and got 53% of the vote. He then governed from the left in a huge double cross and today is unemployed. Anyways, a guy will have to be a scrutineer this next election in swing ridings and not back down. Huge mess in Arizona right now with election fraud everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
      I can smell the election cheat already. We are seeing push polls claiming nutly to be more popular than she is. Kenney ran on a right wing program and got 53% of the vote. He then governed from the left in a huge double cross and today is unemployed. Anyways, a guy will have to be a scrutineer this next election in swing ridings and not back down. Huge mess in Arizona right now with election fraud everywhere.
      Push polls and Trump claiming election fraud.

These "facts" brought to you by Facebook and Ambien.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
        Can you give an example or 2 of Ottawa not listening that doesn't involve oil?
        To what group shall I limit the list?
        Maybe just the prairie provinces?
        Carbon tax
        Gun grabs
        Farm emissions- just wait, that's gonna be a Dusie!
        Code of Practice, see above
        Hell, the metric system lol
        Grain industry (took 50 years to get some) but a big topic....

How far back in history shall I look?
        Do I limit it to just not listening or include not doing?
        Anyone else want to chime in? I gotta go

Comment

Jazz said the Constitution doesn't describe the provincial parliament - but it does. Since Canada is a Federation of provinces and territories, how do you square out when the provinces claim sovereign status thinking they are a country, but absolutely not being, and no longer listen to Parliament? The examples you mentioned, save Agriculture are the privy of Federal Legislation - even the metric system.

And for people whose job it is - this is what is troubling. At what point do you spank the kid that won't listen and clean up his room?

As per the Constitution the breakdown for reference:
          1. Powers of the Parliament of Canada
          The powers of Parliament, enumerated in ss. 91 and 92 (10) of the Constitution Acts, 1867 to 1982, concern matters of national interest (see also notes). They include the following:

Public Debt and Property
          Regulation of Trade/Commerce
          Unemployment insurance (note 46)
          Direct/Indirect Taxation
          Postal Service
          Census/Statistics
          Defence
          Navigation/Shipping
          Quarantine
          Sea Coast and Inland Fisheries
          Ferries (interprovincial/ international)
          Currency/Coinage
          Banking /Incorporation of Banks/Paper Money
          Weights and Measures
          Bankruptcy
          Patents
          Copyrights
          Indians/Indian reserves
          Citizenship
          Marriage/Divorce
          Criminal law, including Criminal Procedure
          Penitentiaries2
          Works connecting provinces; beyond boundaries of one province; within a province but to the advantage of Canada/or more than one province

2. Exclusive Powers of Provincial Legislatures
          The exclusive powers of Provincial legislatures, enumerated in ss. 92, 92(A) and 93 of the Constitution Acts, 1867 to 1982, concern matters of a local nature (also see notes). They include the following:

Direct Taxation within Province
          Management/Sale of Public Lands belonging to Province
          Prisons
          Hospitals
          Municipalities
          Formalization of Marriage
          Property and Civil Rights
          Administration of Civil/Criminal Justice
          Education
          Incorporation of Companies
          Natural Resources
          Matters of a merely local or private nature

3. Concurrent/Shared Powers
          Concurrent powers are specified in ss. 94A and s. 95 of the Constitution Acts, 1867 to 1982 (also see notes):

Old age pensions (see note 51)
          Immigration
          Agriculture

Comment

I appreciate your work.
            And I recognize that many public "grievances" are federal jurisdiction.
            I do sense that most provincial posturing of late is just making political hay.
            But is Ottawa doing a good job of understanding? Can it?
            The federal areas of responsibility you mention were all held in America by George III until they weren't.
            If natural resources are provincial who's seemingly handcuffing ours?
            Are all provinces equal?
            Or have western provinces been treated like a credit card?

"Works connecting provinces; beyond boundaries of one province; within a province but to the advantage of Canada/or more than one province"

Seems they've failed miserably on this one. Who were they listening to here?
            Jodi Raybould seems to think First Nations weren't really listened to either.

"And for people whose job it is - this is what is troubling. At what point do you spank the kid that won't listen and clean up his room?"

Where do you start with the spanking?
            Is a Constitution a living document or is it totally inflexible?
            Has one province in our confederation held that document hostage far more than any other?

Previously I mentioned the 'hillbillies' gaining traction lately.
            I try to have a reasonable approach and even I'm often disgusted lately.
            How do you propose to convince all the others they have no grievances when you can't convince me?
            Does it really feel like the most divisive PM ever,by his words and actions,is listening?
            Standing in the tent pissing out doesn't feel like it's working well anymore.
            When standing up to an abusive partner the first NO is the hardest. NO doesn't debate.
            How well do you feel Ottawa aligns with your beliefs and values? Do you feel listened to?
            If so then good for you. And I can say I know of one person.

Comment

Spank Quebec first. They have used S45 of the CC more times than anyone and they have invoked the NWC 17 times.

Spank that bad actor first and we will see if there is still a county left. Alberta is just driving a truck through the path Quebec opened up.

Canada is going to be a balkanized first world country like the EU. Use the currency, some loosely tied institutions and an ignored central beauacracy.

If you think people are complaining now, wait until Ab claws back its CPP and sets up an APP.

Comment

The biggest phony baloney gripe in Alberta is Trudeau has killed the oil and gas industry.

But the "dead industry" is recording massive profits and production has increased. Pretty good for a dead industry.

There will still be a market for petro chemicals and gas to produce hydrogen, even if we reduce fossil fuel usage as a direct energy source.

Danny Smith wants her cabinet to make laws without going through the legislature and pick and choose which federal laws she will follow.

Danny and the UCP want to govern like a banana republic now.

It stinks so bad even Jason Kenney ran for the exit.

Danny will be out of a job by spring.
                Last edited by chuckChuck; Dec 1, 2022, 08:41.

Comment

The CEO of Blackrock just came out and said we will be pumping oil at max production levels for the next 70yrs.

More like 700yrs.

Very good timing for the Sovereignty Acts to thwart all Marxists.

Alberta is going to rock.

Meanwhile Quebec is evoking the same clause to allow only French speaking immigrants into their province. Crickets as usual.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gbbb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	774167
                  Last edited by jazz; Dec 1, 2022, 09:27.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                    The biggest phony baloney gripe in Alberta is Trudeau has killed the oil and gas industry.

But the "dead industry" is recording massive profits and production has increased. Pretty good for a dead industry.

There will still be a market for petro chemicals and gas to produce hydrogen, even if we reduce fossil fuel usage as a direct energy source.

Danny Smith wants her cabinet to make laws without going through the legislature and pick and choose which federal laws she will follow.

Danny and the UCP want to govern like a banana republic now.

It stinks so bad even Jason Kenney ran for the exit.

Danny will be out of a job by spring.
                    FMG now Jason is your hero
                    You are sad
                    Kenney was a pig at the trough , that simple
                    And now Ms Smith is making him look like the useless shit he is

Comment

Kenney was good as long as he was slinging the mud at Ottawa! Now he is a pig at the trough? LOL

Convoy and UCP supporters seem to have trouble supporting democracy and the rule of law unless they agree with the results. Their true colors showing.

Rules are for the other guys!

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                        I appreciate your work.
                        And I recognize that many public "grievances" are federal jurisdiction.
                        I do sense that most provincial posturing of late is just making political hay.
                        But is Ottawa doing a good job of understanding? Can it?
                        The federal areas of responsibility you mention were all held in America by George III until they weren't.
                        If natural resources are provincial who's seemingly handcuffing ours?
                        Are all provinces equal?
                        Or have western provinces been treated like a credit card?

"Works connecting provinces; beyond boundaries of one province; within a province but to the advantage of Canada/or more than one province"

Seems they've failed miserably on this one. Who were they listening to here?
                        Jodi Raybould seems to think First Nations weren't really listened to either.

"And for people whose job it is - this is what is troubling. At what point do you spank the kid that won't listen and clean up his room?"

Where do you start with the spanking?
                        Is a Constitution a living document or is it totally inflexible?
                        Has one province in our confederation held that document hostage far more than any other?

Previously I mentioned the 'hillbillies' gaining traction lately.
                        I try to have a reasonable approach and even I'm often disgusted lately.
                        How do you propose to convince all the others they have no grievances when you can't convince me?
                        Does it really feel like the most divisive PM ever,by his words and actions,is listening?
                        Standing in the tent pissing out doesn't feel like it's working well anymore.
                        When standing up to an abusive partner the first NO is the hardest. NO doesn't debate.
                        How well do you feel Ottawa aligns with your beliefs and values? Do you feel listened to?
                        If so then good for you. And I can say I know of one person.
                        Or is it no one wants to be told what to do by a democratically elected leader no matter the color of their stripe? Think how many people in the US still call Trump their President even though there is only 1 democratically elected President and is the President for all American citizens.

Canada is no different. The Liberal party has the most seats and with the NDP has a majority if they both agree, Justin Trudeau is the Prime Minister. Yet he is called a traitor and dictator even though he is just doing the job he was democratically elected in Canada to do.

Now, a premier elected by about 1% of Alberta - and even then just over half the support of that small sample, makes an unprecedented Act that removes the courts from making legal and constitutional challenges to suspend an Act and giver her the full power instead..... Isn't a dictator but a hero by most likely illegally not doing the legislation on a whim that is rightfully decided federally by Canada as a whole.

The numbers easily show why the carbon tax isn't popular in an area mostly Cons.

When Research Co. and Glacier Media asked Canadians about the court’s decision, a majority of Canadians (57%) said it was correct, while 29% disagreed and 13% were not sure. Significant majorities of Canadians who voted for the Liberal Party and the New Democratic Party (NDP) in the 2019 federal election think the court was right (71% and 70% respectively), while only 32% of Conservative Party supporters share this view.

So it quite easily shows that Canada supports the Carbon Tax. Why would Alberta think that laws and legislation constitutionally created federally all of a sudden does not apply to them? Do they think laws for murder do not apply as well? The Supreme Court easily says it does.

Also, municipalities may want to follow federal legislation - and are required to do so - but yet the Province all of sudden says not anymore, you do what ever a handful of MLA's in cabinet want, you no longer have federal law if we don't want you to.

Best line is "We knew this Act was going to be a dogs breakfast, just didn't know it was going thru the dog first."

Talking to people in the office here, this is the jist of the concern. Bad legislation, but great politics that plays into the favorite slight of hand with populism of woe is the little guy in AB always down trodden.

Will be very interesting going forward.

And there is always Section 33 which makes the SA completely unnecessary if it were not for the sleazy power grab of cabinet. Even Sask used Section 33 for Public/School nwc.
                        Last edited by tweety; Dec 1, 2022, 10:22.

Comment

Your so called research (cough bias) is impressive.

Now do Quebec.

The Bloc just endorsed Albertas SA.

https://twitter.com/ABProsperityPrj/status/1598179688631144448
                          Last edited by jazz; Dec 1, 2022, 10:51.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            Kenney was good as long as he was slinging the mud at Ottawa! Now he is a pig at the trough? LOL

Convoy and UCP supporters seem to have trouble supporting democracy and the rule of law unless they agree with the results. Their true colors showing.

Rules are for the other guys!
                            I defy you to find a post where I said that freeloader was any good
                            I had hope at the start but that soon disappeared
                            Don’t put words in my mouth chucky

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              Your so called research (cough bias) is impressive.

Now do Quebec.

The Bloc just endorsed Albertas SA.

https://twitter.com/ABProsperityPrj/status/1598179688631144448
                              And that's why you're not very good at politics.

BTW your orange genius just had his taxes released - and they are finding he is the worst businessman ever.

Also the claims in Arizona with no evidence voter fraud by the dumbest man alive just cost the Republicans 2 seats. They get dumber every day. I can fully see why they are your heroes.

Comment

Is there any way to invest in law firms? Particularly constitutional law firms?

They are going to make a killing over the coming federal provincial feuds. And us taxpayers will have the honour of paying for it all.

I'm wondering if it is too late to get my law degree and partake in the largesse personally. Since I already have a degree, looks like I only need 3 more years of schooling. This mess should stretch out far beyond that. Or should I just wait until my boys graduate and send them to law school? That would be closer to 10 years all together, probably still be embroiled in this mess by then.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...