• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat High Protein

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat High Protein

Can’t talk price per bushel.

But dropped from $535/40 per tonne about 12 days ago to $485 yesterday.

Lesser grades not so savage.

Top notch wheat over there under pressure as well?

Maybe Australia’s premium wheat gonna be supplied by WA not sure.

Doubt there will be much elsewhere

No protein premium here, only discount below base grade… CPS all 13% in this area….

Heard big wheat shipments going to China from AU much more than normal… which would help explain lack of protein premiums?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
      No protein premium here, only discount below base grade… CPS all 13% in this area….

Heard big wheat shipments going to China from AU much more than normal… which would help explain lack of protein premiums?

Cheers
      I find the opposite my 1 cwrs 11 or less protein is worth more as feed wheat.

Comment

Sold all my low protein off the combine and kept the high protein stuff. It’s over 14% and graded #1. Targeted for $12.50 but it expired. Am I a fool to hold on?

Comment

The system is stacked against us, discount low protein and pay no premiums for higher protein as long as they can blend to customers specs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
            The system is stacked against us, discount low protein and pay no premiums for higher protein as long as they can blend to customers specs.
            The crap shoot of growing wheat. Best I can find is 5 cent per bushel for 14.5 over 13.5. My protein target is 12.5 to 13.5% on HRSW as protein premiums seldom pay for the nitrogen. My one field of wheat was 12 to 13% with a yield of 62 and the other field had a yield of 38 and protein as high as 15% because it did not rain there in July and August. It did get 6/10 on Aug 28 but it had packed it in by then and ready for the preharvest.

Comment

This is what we’re up against, big deductions for lower protein and no premiums for higher protein. A system with no safeguards for the producers while big grain sets the rules.
              1cw-13.5-11.73
              1cw-12.0-11.43 = -$.30
              1cw-15.0-11.75 = +$.02

Comment

Flour mills need 13.5px for most bread flour.

US crop has decent px as they were dry.

PX not short in global markets… some of the highest wheat, soy, and rice reserves in history… with Ukrainian and Russian wheat readily available…

A rice broker just got back from a world rice symposium… in Thailand ; North America is well over $1/bu over global grain prices right now… rice 30-50% over.

We are in a bubble…

Comment

How do you know that protein benefits aren't figured into basis or price like the $ difference with USA markets? Thought this was all figured in with Marketing Freedom.
                  Last edited by wmoebis; Nov 22, 2022, 15:59.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                    How do you know that protein benefits aren't figured into basis or price like the $ difference with USA markets? Thought this was all figured in with Marketing Freedom.
                    So previous posts say world awash with protein but my 1 rs is feed wheat, they only blend down?

Comment

All part of the basis. Why grain co's don't all have the same price. Specific specs for particular sale. My CPS was close to the same price; $12.25/bu... as CWRS.

Shipping to US now isn't profitable in most cases... because the premium markets are now available at my bin door... when that customer needing certain grist for milling...orders from someone local to my farm. Dealing with trust on both sides can be good for both!

Blessings and Salutations

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.