• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

adm

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RationAL;

You have taken all the worst perspectives of CWB Management... and written them on your heart... logic... and soul. This makes me very sad.

1. Business Loyalty

The CWB has major intrinsic value to both us as sellers of grain grown in western Canada... and to consumers world wide who appreciate our grain and the services we provide with this product.

2. Canadian co-operative spirit.

Western Canadian farmers are searching for an honest simple marketer to sell high quality produce world wide. Our farmers have seen the Beef market concentration and the pit falls associated with too much market concentration in too few hands. We know value, and we will support an honest effort by CWB management to produce top services for us.

3. Admission of wrong doing...

Western Canadian farmers are the most forgiving folks on the face of this planet... in my experience.

An honest CWB will be supported without question by a majority of farmers, and a majortiy of the production created in Western Canada;

IF:

A vision and leadership of positive pioneer spirit that built our Country... works to resolve CWB problems.

A PITTY... I feel sorry that you have missed so completly the purposes you were expected to fulfill.

Should we forgive you too?

Will you turn from your pitty party... and work to revive the CWB?

Comment

Tom,

You know nothing of what is written on my heart and soul. And your logic escapes me 90% of the time - not entirely sure if that is my fault or yours.

Are you suggesting that 1. Business Loyalty is a Sustainable Competitive advantage? Look at what happened to the domestic grain industry. Now that there are concrete terminals and people are putting their grain on semi trucks grain goes anywhere. There is no loyalty.

Canadian Co-operative Spirit. I thought you were responding to my point on Competitive Advantage. I have no idea how you expect me to believe that the Canadian Co-operative Spirit is either alive or a competitive advantage. See point #1 above. There is no loyalty or the Prairie Pools would still be thriving. The Canadian Co-operative Spirit if it does exist is not looking for a simple marketer. Canadian Farmers are looking for a progressive, knowledgeable, responsive marketer for their grain. The CWB is striving to be these things.

3. Admission of wrong doing. I dare say that virtually every activity the CWB has engaged in over the years has been seen as wrongdoing in the eyes of its detractors. Mistakes have been made and whenever possible corrective action is taken. Accusations of wrong doing are inflamatory and suggest criminality. This is not constructive (see my previous post).

You my friend have a lot to learn about human nature. Or if you do understand human nature then you have a lot to learn about the proper response to human nature.

Comment

I have tired of Ralph Klein (don't call him Ralph unless you would let him watch your kids) but he still has one task to finish...taking it to the CWB... freeing Alberta's Farmers
        The one and only reason I will vote for him this round.

Comment

RationAL;

A people without a vision will perish... especially the CWB.

Too bad the very essence of value, escapes CWB managers and most present CWB Directors.

Without a clear mandate to reform, and create value... your above statements prove the CWB is in a tail spin towards destruction.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt... it is still alive and well at the CWB...

Comment

You see Tom, there you go again. Everything about the CWB is wrong. No vision. No plan. There is a vision. There is a five year plan. There is progress. Yet you accept none of it as being noteworthy. You say it is all wrong. You say it is all bad.

Negativity is going to destroy you from the inside out if it hasn't already.

Comment

RationAL;

All the best then, obviously I have missed the mark in the minds of many.

Change is hard I know... the narrow road of respect for my neighbour... and trust of the individual farmers' decisions... made individually... I cannot reconcile with your above statements.

I cannot agree that you know what is best for my farm... you don't know what my farm, family, and community; really what we need.

We can agree to disagree... all the best!

Comment

And that my faithful readers is why farmers will forever struggle. Our greatest competitor is ourselves.

Comment

WD9;

We cannot stop... working to make our Communities better!

Too many good people have given their lives... in war time and in peace... to roll over and quit. THey fought for these principals;

The Golden Rule;

Do unto others as you would have done unto you,

And the Negative Golden Rule;

Do not do unto others as you would not have others do unto you;

1. Do not infringe upon the Rights, Freedoms or Property of others, and
                  Keep all contracts willingly, knowingly and intentionally

2. That for every wrong there is a remedy,

3. The end does not justify the means,

4. Fundamental principals cannot be set aside to meet the demands of convenience or to prevent apparent hardship in a particular case,

4. Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking the law,

5. Two wrongs do not make a right, and

6. One can enlarge the rights of the people, however they cannot be taken away without their informed consent.

These are the simple Common Law principals which must be the base of all civilised societies... that must be respected for wealth and prosperity to be generated!

Comment

Tom,

If you go back to the original post on this thread you will see the real meaning of the Golden Rule:

He who has the gold makes the rules!!!

Comment

RationAL;

Your attitude is a disgrace to the folks who died for our freedom during the wars... gave their lives to build western Canada... and to those who are working to create wealth for our communities!

Fear and deception will not stop us from solving the problems we have now.

In my estimation... CWB fear mongering is at the base of the mistrust in our grain economy... for every player in our Industry!

Take a look at Malt barley prices the CWB offered on Oct 29, 04. $2.40/bu... and if your barley gets rejected after being selected... the CWB will let you switch to a feed barley contract... minimum 50lb/bu... @ $1.22/bu.

What a deal RationAL!

Hope you can become part of the solution soon... it would be really appreciated!

Comment

Have you noticed that when people are so committed to an arguments resolution that sometimes they see everything in the light of the argument and don't notice when additional factors are referenced?

If you step back and try to see where the money is going, you might get a different perspective.

Comment

Tower;

What do you mean, step back and see where the money is going? Can you be clearer please?

Comment

During the watergate crisis in the states during the early 70's there were reporters trying to find out who got paid for what during the dirty tricks of the election of the president.

There had been a pretty good cover-up in place and the reporters were stymied. Someone at that time used the expression "Follow the Money" as a direction for reporters on the case. If you go to Timms original post, and if Timm is still with us perhaps he could let us know where he came up with that, and how it ends, you will see why market strength could be influenced by perhaps 3 or 4 very wealthy companies to the detriment of farmers, despite the best efforts of the CWB.

I'm not convinced that we are seeing their best efforts, but I've never seen any indication that the board does better if our grain prices are lower.

Comment

Tower;

Your last statement that the CWB does not benefit from lower prices... is of course true.

The CWB is us, obviously.

We MUST create more wealth for CWB crops, by risk management that expediently cushions the lows of the market place, while allowing our consuming customer the option to benefit from low prices.

This is the whole point of risk management.

Somewhat like buying fertiliser for our farms. We strive to purchase our supplies at the lowest possible price. THis is of course not in the interests of our suppliers, but it is nessasary to maximise consumption (which lower prices increase) our suppliers can risk manage the cost of supplies, stabilise prices, and still make a good profit.

Farmers are the suppliers of CWB grain. We have a opportunity to benefit from risk management, which can allow a much higher than average price... if we have a plan to benefit from risk management opportunities.

Pooling gives us the average. We cannot prosper on the average price.

All I am saying is we can do much better as a group, IF we have the self discipline to use risk managemet opportunities.

That we have not benefited is mostly our own fault. MOST Farmers have not instructed the CWB to risk manage, and the CWB sales dept will not change unless instructed with a clear plan to change from traditional sales habits.

Banks make a profit because they understand risk management. Farmers MUST share risk to become profitable, long term.

Comment

If the whole point of Risk management is to create more wealth for CWB crops while allowing our customers the option of benefitting from low prices would you define what you think risk management is?

I'm also not sure who you mean by we when you say we cannot prosper with an average price. If we are doing this as a group, who is going to do better than the average price?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...