• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fertilizer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fertilizer

Was “some” softening in Urea this past wk, some expecting this to be short lived and back up next wk … who knows.
    One retailer $1030, other $1150 and not budging.
    Are guys pulling the pin or waiting it out?
    I did buy some, wait and see what happens.
    Everything so unpredictable.

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
    Was “some” softening in Urea this past wk, some expecting this to be short lived and back up next wk … who knows.
    One retailer $1030, other $1150 and not budging.
    Are guys pulling the pin or waiting it out?
    I did buy some, wait and see what happens.
    Everything so unpredictable.
    Does anyone have any data or even anecdotal evidence of what percent of fertilizer has been prepriced by farmers this year vs normal?

Did everyone panic when they started to rise this summer/fall? Did everyone lock in the lowish prices of summer? Does everyone believe they will be cheaper by spring and wait till the last minute, causing logistical logjams?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      Does anyone have any data or even anecdotal evidence of what percent of fertilizer has been prepriced by farmers this year vs normal?

Did everyone panic when they started to rise this summer/fall? Did everyone lock in the lowish prices of summer? Does everyone believe they will
      be cheaper by spring and wait till the last minute, causing logistical logjams?
      You have just posed too questions to answer.

Comment

Some bought months ago, some two wks ago, now the drop opened up the wallets, others will now say it’s going down further and will wait. All of a sudden it will jump, then they will buy thinking it might really jump to the moon.

Comment

I am still waiting, too busy to deal with it now anyway even if it is a good time to buy.

Comment

I think that fertilizer prices will be somewhat dependent on how much natural gas can be used for heat, power and fertilizer production in Europe.So depending on the price of Russian natural gas or lack of.

Comment

a little over half of N (juice) in ground , all sulphur in ground
              gonna buy 46 and phosphate soon

Comment

I think all commodities including fertilizer are starting a bit of a downward trend. Im not sure I want to buy all my fertilizer needs without backstoping it with some grain sales. I like to sell high and buy low but not sure if that will play out this year. Could buy all my 46 for Near $1000/ton but what if canola drops to $15 a bushel. What will 46 be worth then?…Im guessing $750/ton. I don’t think $25 canola is in the cards anytime soon either.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                  I think all commodities including fertilizer are starting a bit of a downward trend. Im not sure I want to buy all my fertilizer needs without backstoping it with some grain sales. I like to sell high and buy low but not sure if that will play out this year. Could buy all my 46 for Near $1000/ton but what if canola drops to $15 a bushel. What will 46 be worth then?…Im guessing $750/ton. I don’t think $25 canola is in the cards anytime soon either.
                  Seems like Phos could be going down too. Would like to see it below $1200.

Comment

Nothing is dropping

Comment

MAP is $1190
                      AMS $630

Comment

Dropped another $20 per ton, $980 now

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...