• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bag it..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious how many customers have a stone mill in their home.

Comment

city born and raised son in law just bought a flour mill
      wants me to bring him a sack of wheat

Comment

Not sure why some of you are so concerned about Dinsmore Farm's margin/take home profit, their ones who developed the business plan and are doing their own marketing.

Isn't that what it's all about in business.

Comment

Best part the CWB doesn't get a cut of the pie for nothing!!!!!!!!

Comment

I guess I missed it but I didn’t see much concern, I can’t see many getting rich on this business model but it all helps pay the bills.

My kids at one time would bag and put stickers on hemphearts, I don’t think anyone got rich on that one but it was good experience

I’m a little impressed on what wheat is worth bagged and ready to go in the store.

Comment

The Hutterites have a pretty big workforce for keeping busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                You see 50 cents to a dollar, I see $30 to $60/bushel……..
                On likely less than .01% of their bushels. Good for them.

Comment

To sell something in a store like that, you have to sell it in many stores and shelf space is a premium.

I cant see many people taking time to grind their own flour and then make dough and bake it. This is probably some niche store somewhere. You can go on amazon and see how much bagged product is moving and it aint much

Better off just to sell a bundle of wheat sheaves.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sheves.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	774125
                  Last edited by jazz; Nov 19, 2022, 08:36.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    To sell something in a store like that, you have to sell it in many stores and shelf space is a premium.

I cant see many people taking time to grind their own flour and then make dough and bake it. This is probably some niche store somewhere. You can go on amazon and see how much bagged product is moving and it aint much

[ATTACH]11454[/ATTACH]
                    One thing my kids are wondering about. In pet stores they sell two inch chunks of deer antler as chew toys for obscene prices. Every year the kids go and collect dozens of sheds from our land. They could make a mint just cutting and selling little hunks of free antlers.

Comment

Since my wife retired from her day job she has been grinding our wheat to make whole wheat flour and bake bread. To get a nice loaf she mixes it with bought enriched white flour at about 40 % and adds gluten. She also grinds flax and mixes it in.
                      I have been having her bread toasted every morning for the last couple years and holy crap am I regular!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

[ATTACH]11454[/ATTACH]
                        And to think I have been giving them away all this time. As the only wheat grower in the area, my crops are popular for weddings and grads and home decorations.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                          Since my wife retired from her day job she has been grinding our wheat to make whole wheat flour and bake bread. To get a nice loaf she mixes it with bought enriched white flour at about 40 % and adds gluten. She also grinds flax and mixes it in.
                          I have been having her bread toasted every morning for the last couple years and holy crap am I regular!
                          Nice learning and trying different blend of raw wheat to make different flours for different applications can be a lot of fun and interesting to meet her taste and your ovens abilities. Try blending in some CPS or Winter wheat. Use Soft white for cakes. It is all about the gluten strength in the classes and grades of wheat.

Comment

You would be surprised on how many people took up baking during the Covid times.

Comment

Nothing better than coming in for afternoon coffee and finding freshly baked bread just out of the oven. Still warm with honey on it.

Comment

Not too many slices of bread in a loaf when its hot out of the oven and you get to cut it yourself.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.