• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Price

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Partners View Post
    Lock the bins?
    Maybe should have emptied them at $ 20.50..?
    Moved half of the canola off the combine this fall.

$19 and change is an automatic sell in my world.

I am pretty sure it can get there again by spring but $25 is probably gone for good.

Mean reversion is a much more powerful force than supply demand.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	JAZZ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	774133

the broken red line is trend...

Comment

Hope your not looking at $400 Canola down the road might as well buy some crypto stock and get it overwith.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          Moved half of the canola off the combine this fall.

$19 and change is an automatic sell in my world.

I am pretty sure it can get there again by spring but $25 is probably gone for good.

Dumped mine after harvest 19.40 no regrets, survival trumps greed here, hauling barely for 7.82, never made so much money.

Comment

Poke me in the eye with a blunt stick that’s high.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	28F03DD8-21B1-4A42-A196-1787B3BE4E53.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	774142

Comment

High and dry!!!! Hope they will pay for the extra oil!

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
                Poke me in the eye with a blunt stick that’s high.
                [ATTACH]11479[/ATTACH]
                3.9% moisture. What is considered officially dry in Australia? Is the weight adjusted up to dry, or it is what it is?

I'm assuming you've never had the pleasure of harvesting and storing canola with moisture in the high teens?

Comment

use base price of $1000 per tonne

1.5% of base price per 1% increase in oil over 42%

dry yeah I guess yesterday just over the limit 8.2% but got blended rejection at 8.5% but officially its 8

edit this year no cap on high side or low side of protien

Comment

looks like we have decent run weather wise looks great short and medium term a great 4 week outlook

even 36c one day next week

perfect for guys like me one combine almost 7000 acres tis what it is

Comment

looks like we have decent run weather wise looks great short and medium term a great 4 week outlook

How many hours do you runthat combine a year for that many acres you would need 3 or 4 big savings in comparison goodluck

Comment

I just can't wrap my mind around the logistics of that. I know it's a completely different climate, and you don't have the threat of snow at any moment ending your harvest season. But harvest must stretch out for months?
                        Are you able to stagger your seeding
                        dates and varieties and crops enough that everything doesn't come mature at the same time? Wheat is somewhat forgiving if you don't harvest it the day it is ready, but with the varieties of barley we have, the heads will start falling off, the straw will break down starting about the same time as it is dry enough to harvest. Canola will shatter or pod to drop, even the best shattered resistant varieties have their limits when it gets dry enough. And that is at the very moderate temperatures and humidity levels that we get.

Comment

the days you cut 300 plus acres speeds things up.

some guys I know bit further up cut 18000 with two 50 ft harvesters.

normally start first week nov like to finish by xmas

not uncommon rule of thumb used to be 100 acres per foot of cut 40 ft = 4000 acres but capacity improved so much.

Comment

ps I am by no means a big farmer definitely not the best.

Comment

Canola rebounding a bit this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
                                Canola rebounding a bit this morning.
                                glad to see that as i dont have any of this years conola sold so far !

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.