• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G-mac's aquired by Simplot

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G-mac's aquired by Simplot

G-macs the independent ag inputs retail covering most of western Saskatchewan was just bought by the JR Simplot company.

I hate to see another independent get gobbled up by a foreign whale but good for Garth. I remember my dad dealing with him when he ran the local Esso bulk fuels busines out of small Atco trailer on Railway ave. Great guy.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221116-055345_Twitter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	780323

Good for Garth , built up a very successful business over the years
    Agree not keen on losing another good independent ag businesses . Was looking forward to doing more business with GMac , not so much with Simplot .
    Who knows maybe it will be the same but the big corporate attitude has been very different with others that have been swallowed up the past 5-10 years .
    Much like the local case dealer when sold to Red Head , service never the same .
    A lot of very big money pushing ag lately , huge farms no different.
    Monnette had no land in NW Sask a year ago , now has 47,000 acres and going for more
    Not looking to expand our farm but even just holding on to our current land base will be a goal for the next 4-5 years . After that who knows .
    Monnette being in this area definitely has even the 15-20,000 ac guys scratching .

All I know is the the Ag landscape has changed dramatically the past 5 years for the better or worse and more to come .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...