• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still aint struck a blow

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got harvesting this arvo.....well did 8 tonne best we could find was 16.5% moisture

Wait goes on.

13.5% is delivery standard but years like this dynamic binning comes into place at elevators

Not sure you have that.

If hypothetically say 100 semi trailers drop barley in at 12% you come along with 13.9% your one load aint gonna upset the average called dynamic binning here do it with protein and other down grades to get it up to spec.

But say 100 semi trailers delivered 13.3% moisture your 13.9% would get rejected hope that makes sense.

All about stacked elevator averages you can check anytime of the day and check yours or other elevators

Check portions grades how many tonnes delivered of each, oil content in canola, percentage of malt versus feed etc etc

You guys miles ahead of us hicks in Oz when it comes to delivery standards and transparency.

Comment

nope , i would say youre way ahead
      here you can deliver 100 loads of way under dry , then one tough and they will dock you shrink , maybe drying too on the tough one ,(computer does it automatically) is the explanation , not all but lots do

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        nope , i would say youre way ahead
        here you can deliver 100 loads of way under dry , then one tough and they will dock you shrink , maybe drying too on the tough one ,(computer does it automatically) is the explanation , not all but lots do
        I've had the opposite experience. Local elevators will paper blend moisture and grade within a contract.
        And as you get farther from harvest, and they have lots of dry grain coming in, they will usually accept very high moisture grain with the only deduction being shrinking the weight back down to dry. Which is a much better deal then delivering overly dry grain. I've sold lots of 13 + % moisture canola later in the year. Never been charged for drying.

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
          Finally got harvesting this arvo.....well did 8 tonne best we could find was 16.5% moisture

Wait goes on.

13.5% is delivery standard but years like this dynamic binning comes into place at elevators

Not sure you have that.

If hypothetically say 100 semi trailers drop barley in at 12% you come along with 13.9% your one load aint gonna upset the average called dynamic binning here do it with protein and other down grades to get it up to spec.

But say 100 semi trailers delivered 13.3% moisture your 13.9% would get rejected hope that makes sense.

All about stacked elevator averages you can check anytime of the day and check yours or other elevators

Check portions grades how many tonnes delivered of each, oil content in canola, percentage of malt versus feed etc etc

You guys miles ahead of us hicks in Oz when it comes to delivery standards and transparency.

My sister who lives in Canberra has commented on how wonderfully green everything is right now. She has lived there about 20 years I believe. Greenest she has ever seen it I believe she said. Am I correct that you would be west of Canberra?

Just curious how harvest in Australia in general is going in your opinion. Seems to be lots of rain and flooding eastern Australia. Is there more wheat produced in Eastern or Western Australia?
          Last edited by Hamloc; Nov 17, 2022, 08:43.

Comment

Sounds like the Oz system almost too transparent?

Comment

Mallee and AB5 have it better than what typically happens around here. Protein , if you have it it’s not worth much if you don’t , deductions. Just a bit off grade and could easily be blended up ? That’s for the line company, thank you. Tough or damp we’ll blending it off is for the line company as well. You will be charged steep rates for drying. Don’t get me started about malt barley.

Comment

Hopefully I can clarify.
                Although I want export sales and volumes reported, I don't want prices and sellers identified.
                I don't want what's in store at my local terminal public knowledge. Their ability to improve movement I feel would be hampered. They blend at coast with their other inland terminals and often have an advantage I participate in.
                I want the relationship I have built with the local terminal to continue and not be minimized by daily published blending numbers.
                I don't want to build $500k in infrastructure to deal with harvest volumes of inventory I've already priced and for which cash flow is necessary.
                They already pay large area farmers to over dry as well as blend downstream.
                Protein payments over a certain amount, have for the most part become a thing of the past.
                Of course do your own diligence.
                Oz has different dynamics. Some of which not applicable here.
                Our industry is still struggling to jump ahead a century in a single leap. Don't trip it up with some type of equalization thinking.
                I do recognize however my location is fortuitous.
                I've been doing this since the 80s and I love the future.

As an ex malt grower. I simply feel it is for both buyer and seller, an unhedgeable specialty crop that is clearly over planted.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                  My sister who lives in Canberra has commented on how wonderfully green everything is right now. She has lived there about 20 years I believe. Greenest she has ever seen it I believe she said. Am I correct that you would be west of Canberra?

Just curious how harvest in Australia in general is going in your opinion. Seems to be lots of rain and flooding eastern Australia. Is there more wheat produced in Eastern or Western Australia?
                  Snails pace the progress of harvest generally.

But West Aust be making good headway I would think.

West Aust is becoming power in terms of production a big state.

They have had some weather issues but reality probably 5% of crop area or under that still a very very large crop over there

Comment

Buyers like to know what's in bulk handling system , farmers like to know what's in bulk handling system, cloak and dagger stuff , keeping tonnes yields etc hidden from buyers is 1990s stuff.

They have ability to estimate yields as good as farmers with all varying technologies.

Some farmers push back "buyer don't need to know how much grains out there lets keep em in the dark will drive prices up" its just BS kindergarten thinking.

They also know how much unsold grain in elevator system, but not who owns it unless you agree to discloser agreement. Most do.

back when single desk collapsed 20 yrs ago, farm organisations politicians buyers farmers, basically said get your head out of the sand the monopsony of grain selling in oz is finished like it or lump it. Quit with all save the AWB and single desk foundation etc etc we've got 18 months to sort a system that's good for farmers buyer and endusers before govt signs of on it. If govt don't like it back to drawing board.

Not perfect system but nothing ever is and better than alternative.

Comment

It will be disastrous once expanded cush capacity is in place.

Export margins for the exporters will be twice what they are now. And the crush margins today for the crushers will be maintained for years - because they can.

Comment

For example,
                        Potash
                        Urea
                        Etc

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                          It will be disastrous once expanded cush capacity is in place.

Export margins for the exporters will be twice what they are now. And the crush margins today for the crushers will be maintained for years - because they can.
                          Explain increased demand as detrimental please.

Comment

just dandy another 4 mm of rain.

will keep this thread going till we start in earnest

Comment

good luck mallee , hope it turns for you

Comment

make that 9

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.