• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Forests in BC being Slashed for Europe

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Forests in BC being Slashed for Europe

CBC reports huge tracts of virgin forest being harvested to supply electric plants in UK. Hmmm, did they think it wouldn’t leak out. Where is the native backlash? I suspect province and feds backing this quietly in background.

I brought this to Chuck's attention multiple times in the past, he doesn't seem to want to acknowledge it. It was labeled as green, therefore it is, don't ask any questions.
    Although us farmers perhaps shouldn't be throwing too many Stones in our glass house as we profit from ethanol and biodiesel.
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Oct 9, 2022, 11:21.

Comment

Will those trees be available to harvest next year like our crops ab5, big difference.

Comment

Coal to fuel power plants for electricity for EV’s , and trees to Europe to power their green energy
        BC has got er all figured out.
        Meanwhile fertilizer is bad ….. lol

Comment

You hit the nail on the head Furrow. Different rules for different fools.

Comment

It follows the same logic that chuck uses daily , in line with Trudeau, Freeland and other left wingnuts .
            It’s like wtf already … Lol

Comment

Mr. shithead and his cabinet in Ottawa cannot be removed fast enough . Time to get the boy king out of his chair and put some people in there that know how to do real math , and not embarrass us on the world stage.

Comment

And the most important reason why we should be preserving the forests instead of converting them into pellets to make electricity, is this:

Thanks to the complete failure of wind and solar, and the massive price hikes they have caused, Europeans are now converting back to the preindustrial practice of wood burning.

Since we seem to be determined to follow the bad example set by Europe, we will also need these forests to heat our homes and cook our food affordably in the near future.

The phrase "transitioning to a low carbon economy" is going to be looked back on as the biggest joke ever. As we transition to increased coal, and wood and diesel, (and even cow dung and burning garbage for heat is making a comeback in first world countries) while refusing to allow natural gas or nuclear or gasoline.
                Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Oct 11, 2022, 09:19.

Comment

The climate cult very quiet 🤐 on this eh ?

Comment

yes i know people talking about getting outdoor furnaces to try and save on crazy heating cost , so more trees will be chopped because of the madness

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                      yes i know people talking about getting outdoor furnaces to try and save on crazy heating cost , so more trees will be chopped because of the madness
                      But that is OK, because, as the climate cult keeps explaining to me, the CO2 being released from burning a tree will be sequestered again within the next century as a new tree grows, so it is net neutral.
                      Then in the next breathe they scream about a climate emergency.

I know whenever I have an emergency, I like to wait a few decades or centuries for the fire truck, or ambulance or police to show up. They need time to grow the trees to make the pulp to make the paper to write down my address on so they can come and tend to my emergency.

Comment

There's your answer to climate change.

100% wood heat.
                        Renewable energy.

There's probably subsidizes available to start up a logging operation to start clearing forests.

The pulp mills that have been idle for years are starting up to make paper bags and things to replace the plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                          There's your answer to climate change.

100% wood heat.
                          Renewable energy.

There's probably subsidizes available to start up a logging operation to start clearing forests.

The pulp mills that have been idle for years are starting up to make paper bags and things to replace the plastic.
                          Meanwhile, if Farmers wanted to sell canola into the European biodiesel market, we had to sign a declaration that we hadn't removed a single tree for the past so many years.

Rules for thee but not for me.

Comment

clearly shows carbon tax is just a scam to tax the people more

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              Meanwhile, if Farmers wanted to sell canola into the European biodiesel market, we had to sign a declaration that we hadn't removed a single tree for the past so many years.

Rules for thee but not for me.
                              Exactly, it’s so $$$$ed it’s yes insane now

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...