• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danielle Smith wins AB Premier

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danielle Smith wins AB Premier

53.3% on 6th round

Cheers!

Any info on how the rest ranked?
    Jean third?
    The Old Guard were telling me Toews but I guess he couldn't reach the Wild Rose guys.
    I just hope she doesn't give it to Notley. And actually tries to block Ottawa instead of impossible campaign promises. Hopefully smarter than when she crossed the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
      Any info on how the rest ranked?
      Jean third?
      The Old Guard were telling me Toews but I guess he couldn't reach the Wild Rose guys.
      I just hope she doesn't give it to Notley. And actually tries to block Ottawa instead of impossible campaign promises. Hopefully smarter than when she crossed the floor.

Blessings and Salutations

Comment

Yes. I can Google and read news broadcasts just thought you knew.
        Appreciate it anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          Yes. I can Google and read news broadcasts just thought you knew.
          Appreciate it anyways.
          How do we wind up with a former floor crosser as our premier?
          The very definition of a politician only in it for themselves.
          This is the best that 3.5 million albertans had to offer?

Comment

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
            She had the most fight in her, thats what the west is looking for. No other policy matters as much right now. Thats what Kenny was hired to do.

Comment

She is saying the right things and has potential. She may yet still fail. She made a big mistake and paid the price. Spent the last 8 years in the penalty box. I think give her a shot, the recent success of seemingly real conservatives these days is encouraging: Polievre, Meloni,
              and now Smith.

Comment

Look at what Quebec gets away with. They dont want religious symbols so they invoke the NWC and cancel out the feds directives even overriding the charter.

And our main industry is attacked and all we do is wag fingers.

There is going to be a constitutional crisis in this country. Legault was voted in with an overwhelming majority because he is probably a closet sovereigntist. He is already going after immigration and other topics with Trudeau.
                Last edited by jazz; Oct 7, 2022, 07:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                  She is saying the right things and has potential. She may yet still fail. She made a big mistake and paid the price. Spent the last 8 years in the penalty box. I think give her a shot, the recent success of seemingly real conservatives these days is encouraging: Polievre, Meloni,
                  and now Smith.
                  Premier Danielle said the politically incorrect things… I believe she gets what she did wrong thing… unifying the right needed to happen… but not by short cut. Premier Kenny pulled that off… her brain is in high gear contemplating how to go forward… PM Trudeau isn’t going to like this outcome… Premier Danielle is going to make his relatively smooth sailing a very turbulent way forward…Western Premiers will be emboldened now… Federal CPC Opposition Leader Pierre Poilievre will make an interesting tag team … the BOC is going to have a difficult road ahead… this will be volatile x2 now…

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
                    How do we wind up with a former floor crosser as our premier?
                    The very definition of a politician only in it for themselves.
                    Winston Churchill crossed the floor 3 times I believe. Ralph Klein was originally a Liberal. History is an interesting teacher.

Comment

sounds like the same hope western canada had when that trough feeding kenney got in
                      hope alberta means more to her , than her own needs and wants

Comment

Why does Smith get a hard time for crossing. I mean we have a PM who wears racist blackface. Notley sold Ab down the river with her carbon tax agreement with Trudeau. Redford literally built a palace on top of the leg in Edmonton. Kenny locked down the entire province and even roughed up pastors and teenagers.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          Look at what Quebec gets away with. They dont want religious symbols so they invoke the NWC and cancel out the feds directives even overriding the charter.

And our main industry is attacked and all we do is wag fingers.

There is going to be a constitutional crisis in this country. Legault was voted in with an overwhelming majority because he is probably a closet sovereigntist. He is already going after immigration and other topics with Trudeau.
                          He was a member of Quebec’s National Assembly from 1998 to 2009 under the Parti Québécois, so yes he is a sovereigntist. Quebec is allowed to run like it’s own country within Canada, for some reason Ottawa and the ROC just ignores this!

Comment

Smith is likely to ramp down the talk a bit until there is an election and Poliverre has had a chance to go against Trudeau. That all happens within a yr I bet.

But if things havent turned the corner by then, the gloves will be off. There are so many tools we have just sitting there to be brought out.

Comment

Maybe a good thing we have a lady premier. If Trudumb gets her back up, she can keep telling him "NO" until hell freezes over.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.