• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danielle Smith wins AB Premier

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    Please don't take my comments the wrong way. There's nothing scary about people with traditional viewpoints. But as soon as they have the potential to get into a position of power, the left wing media will convince the electorate that they are the scariest thing since the trucker convoy. And it kills their chances of making government almost every time. So instead of getting a fiscal conservative government with inclinations toward social conservative, we get a far left government, both fiscally and socially.
    Why not unite behind the fiscal conservative who the general population might actually elect. At least the fiscal conservatives won't take the social policies any further to the left. Which is what happens when we put a social conservative as the leader and allow the far left to get elected over and over again.
    A far larger percent of the population cares about fiscal issues than care about the highly divisive issues of abortion and gay marriage. And at election time the people that do care about those issues still aren't going to vote for the far left, so there is no need to pander to their votes. It's just simple math.
    Oh no, I totally get what you mean. Preston Manning, a born again Christian, wrote in his book that you have to separate your faith from governing, and I agree. Harper was the same.

The left doesn’t get that though. I can’t help that they are that clueless to actually believe anyone is going to touch abortion or gay marriage with a ten foot pole. For me, that is personally and morally extremely sad. But I understand the political suicide that would cause in trying for re election in our socially immoral country.

It’s sure too bad the left doesn’t feel the same way, and ram their evil and loose morals on the rest of the country against our will.

That is what is so frustrating. One side can cram through their sick ideals. No problem. But opposing views to their sick and evil ideas are not acceptable. Thanks to the media, and this overwhelmingly urban country.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
      Oh no, I totally get what you mean. Preston Manning, a born again Christian, wrote in his book that you have to separate your faith from governing, and I agree. Harper was the same.

The left doesn’t get that though. I can’t help that they are that clueless to actually believe anyone is going to touch abortion or gay marriage with a ten foot pole. For me, that is personally and morally extremely sad. But I understand the political suicide that would cause in trying for re election in our socially immoral country.

It’s sure too bad the left doesn’t feel the same way, and ram their evil and loose morals on the rest of the country against our will.

That is what is so frustrating. One side can cram through their sick ideals. No problem. But opposing views to their sick and evil ideas are not acceptable. Thanks to the media, and this overwhelmingly urban country.
      And it doesn't help that the bought and paid for media and the chucks of this world like to label everyone who isn't left of Elizabeth May as an ALT right. No such thing as presumed innocence.

Comment

So everybody else is sick and immoral. You are a paragon of virtue. Pass me the bucket , I am going to throw up.

Comment

I think he was talking about some of the lefties being sick and immoral, you know, the same lefties that are always on the wrong side of right.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
            I think he was talking about some of the lefties being sick and immoral, you know, the same lefties that are always on the wrong side of right.
            And who is he too judge?

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
              A good conspiracy theory never dies.
              So true Tweety. Growing up in Sask in the days of NDP rule the left had their own conspiracy theories the conservatives would privatize the crowns and Medicare. Same with mantra there was no oil Saskatchewan and things wouldn’t get better. Another one was that Alberta carpet baggers were waiting at the border to steal our resources. I heard that from a few older people. Conspiracy theories aren’t exclusive to the alt right that is for sure.

Comment

So everybody else is sick and immoral. You are a paragon of virtue. Pass me the bucket , I am going to throw up.
                Nope. No need to throw up. I’m as sick and immoral as the next guy. The difference is that I know right from wrong. That I know my maker, and trust in Him. He paid the price for my wrongs, for your wrongs, for everyone’s wrongs. For that I am grateful. Because I am a wreck of a person. We all are. But we can choose to do better.

A couple few questions.

Do you think society has become more moral, or less moral the last say twenty years?

How many genders do you believe there are?

Do you believe there is a thing as right and wrong?

Comment

And who is he too judge?
                  I’m pretty sure sheepwheat isn’t a judgy person but I am, I judge the hell out of you lefties.

Comment

Nope. No need to throw up. I’m as sick and immoral as the next guy. The difference is that I know right from wrong. That I know my maker, and trust in Him. He paid the price for my wrongs, for your wrongs, for everyone’s wrongs. For that I am grateful. Because I am a wreck of a person. We all are. But we can choose to do better.

A couple few questions.

Do you think society has become more moral, or less moral the last say twenty years?

How many genders do you believe there are?

Do you believe there is a thing as right and wrong?
                    You are wrong and I am right. I will defend your right to be wrong.

Comment

Alot of people vote the Same way every election without actually studying what their party stands for.
                      the Conservative Party of Canada is Not our fathers conservative party from the past.

Its not a Diefenbaker, Stanfield, Clark or Mulroney Conservative Party. That was lost when reform and the religious right got its tentacles around this Once great party
                      We now have a conservative party thats similar to the republican party- if your not selected to run by the religious right you wont get the nomination.

Could you see this version of the cons working to eliminate acid rain like Mulroney did ? Probably Not they would Deny its even happening or shut down the scientific research (like Harper) . This group is anti-union, anti-science, and very fundamentalist in their thinking.

This party seems to still attract favour in Alberta and Sask, but the rest of Canada wants no part of it.

So the CHANGE needs to come from the membership or a Split needs to happen. I think Erin O'toole saw that he couldnt win as prime minister- Without going more to the centre- but the Rigid fundamentalists won that battle and he was Gone

Comment

he lost an election that was his to win ?

Comment

Whoever can vote for Liberal CROOKS is a lost soul.

Comment

So are supposed to vote for jagmeet or the turd?

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                              So are supposed to vote for jagmeet or the turd?
                              its the same pile of shit

Comment

Today’s liberal party is most definitely NOT the liberal party of Pearson. Every party has shifted left. Some more than others. The fact some actually think the “religious right” whatever that even is, (I presume a bigoted effort to belittle people who think differently than you), somehow has control over the conservative movement in Canada, and is comparable to the republicans down south, is bizarre.

Republicans can actually say what they believe in and not get smothered and shut down. Up here, if a conservative has a conscience and something they believe in, they are banished from the ability to voice it.

Not. Even. Comparable.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...