• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danielle Smith wins AB Premier

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if Kenney would have got 53% would he have stayed on as premier with experience now. Can't see how 2% more popularity (kinda) and no experience will be a better choice for Alberta.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
      I wonder if Kenney would have got 53% would he have stayed on as premier with experience now. Can't see how 2% more popularity (kinda) and no experience will be a better choice for Alberta.
      Kenneth proved to be a limp rag. If he couldn’t stand up to Ottawa, then good he got out of the way. Quebec shows them ho it’s done so get to work. Alberta deserves better and so does Canada.

Comment

Kenney was an excellent administrative premier. He balanced the budget after all. The only province to do so.

But he lacked the stomach for a real fight with Trudeau and he backed OToole which was a pretty bad choice. He wasnt from AB so he never totally got it. Smith is and she is right over target.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
          53.3% on 6th round

Cheers!
          An overwhelming show of support from within the party.

Won't be long before the ex Wildrose and Reformer social right wingnuts aren't happy and boot her out.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
            An overwhelming show of support from within the party.

Won't be long before the ex Wildrose and Reformer social right wingnuts aren't happy and boot her out.
            If you look at the latest approval ratings for provincial Premiers Jason Kenney was still sitting at only 30%. Could he have beat Rachel Notley in the next election? I don’t think so, the UCP’s numbers went up after he announced he was resigning. Danielle Smith was smart enough to figure out what UCP members were thinking, let’s hope she can craft a message that appeals to all Albertan’s, nobody that I know wants Premier Notley again unless you live in Edmonton!

Comment

Redmonton
              I fixed that for ya

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                If you look at the latest approval ratings for provincial Premiers Jason Kenney was still sitting at only 30%. Could he have beat Rachel Notley in the next election? I don’t think so, the UCP’s numbers went up after he announced he was resigning. Danielle Smith was smart enough to figure out what UCP members were thinking, let’s hope she can craft a message that appeals to all Albertan’s, nobody that I know wants Premier Notley again unless you live in Edmonton!
                With a 3.3% victory on the 6th round hardly shows confidence in Smith from within the UPC party. Not sure Smith figured out anything more than the one receiving 46.7% of the vote. Possibly a backroom promise could have gotten the little push she needed to win.

Like Kenney, looks like Smith (if she beats Notley) will spent most of her time appeasing the UPC ranks to maintain power from within, with that small of a margin of victory.

In recent history UPC and PC leaders haven't fared well, have they.

Highly unlikely Smith will be the one to change history.

Comment

Not sure of her own confidence level when she doesn't call and run a Bi election in Calgary where they don't have a MLA but instead has a MLA from Med Hat step down so she can run an election there. She lives in High River a lot closer to Calgary and her new office in Edmonton.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	mmmmoe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	773898.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      [ATTACH]11182[/ATTACH].
                      About flipping time. Needed a counterpart in Alberta not a federalist wimp like Kenney.

Comment

First day FIRED Henshaw! Great start!

Comment

Rex Murphy ha great article again, regarding this issue.

Comment

It’s funny how BC is Teflon. Feds don’t dick with their coal, mining and resource development. Quebec stood up to the feds and they don’t share revenue from their hydro and other resource income. Kenney just allowed Ottawa to plunder Alberta, high time for a change. Go Danielle, wind in your wings. Now Moe has an ally and watch the fireworks. Moe never aspired to be a politician but he looks like he’s up for the fight of his life. 👍💪🏼

Comment

Alberta premier promises to protect the 'most discriminated-against group' — the unvaccinated
                              By Dean Bennett
                              News, Politics
                              October 12th 2022

Danielle Smith, sworn in Tuesday as Alberta's new premier, said she will shake up the top tier of the health system within three months and amend provincial human rights law to protect those who choose not to get vaccinated.

“(The unvaccinated) have been the most discriminated-against group that I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime,” Smith told reporters at the legislature.

“I don’t think I’ve ever experienced a situation in my lifetime where a person was fired from their job or not allowed to watch their kids play hockey or not allowed to go visit a loved one in long-term care or hospital, not allowed to get on a plane to either go across the country to see family or even travel across the border.

“We are not going to create a segregated society on the basis of a medical choice.”

Earlier in the day, Smith was sworn into the job by Lt.-Gov. Salma Lakhani at a ceremony at Government House.

In a speech there, Smith said, “Albertans have been through so much over these last 2 1/2 years. Our rights and freedoms have been tested.

“I will ensure as head of this government that those rights and freedoms are protected and will never be taken for granted again.”

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                                Alberta premier promises to protect the 'most discriminated-against group' — the unvaccinated
                                By Dean Bennett
                                News, Politics
                                October 12th 2022

Danielle Smith, sworn in Tuesday as Alberta's new premier, said she will shake up the top tier of the health system within three months and amend provincial human rights law to protect those who choose not to get vaccinated.

“(The unvaccinated) have been the most discriminated-against group that I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime,” Smith told reporters at the legislature.

“I don’t think I’ve ever experienced a situation in my lifetime where a person was fired from their job or not allowed to watch their kids play hockey or not allowed to go visit a loved one in long-term care or hospital, not allowed to get on a plane to either go across the country to see family or even travel across the border.

“We are not going to create a segregated society on the basis of a medical choice.”

Earlier in the day, Smith was sworn into the job by Lt.-Gov. Salma Lakhani at a ceremony at Government House.

In a speech there, Smith said, “Albertans have been through so much over these last 2 1/2 years. Our rights and freedoms have been tested.

“I will ensure as head of this government that those rights and freedoms are protected and will never be taken for granted again.”
                                Bridge City News had a very revealing segment on:

‘Virtue Science’

When a select group in power, decide to force a certain perspective that can’t be proven, then anyone going against this perspective is morally bankrupt, shunned, and cast into the dumpster of ‘denier’s’ , radicals, and are cast as evil disruptive troublesome fools who have no credibility.

Science always has to be open to analysis and review, allowing new ideas and questions if a balanced analysis is the goal of those seeking more knowledge and understanding of that subject.

Vilification of those who question conventionally accepted ‘facts’… shows weakness and flawed scientific discipline.

Hence ‘Virtue Science’ which isn’t actually science at all, but ‘religious hypocrisy ‘…

A book about the ‘junk science’ we are expected to accept without question… which isn’t science at all, but discrimination just as Premier Smith said!

Nitrous oxide, carbon dioxide, methane, are no where even close to causing ‘climate change’ when compared to water vapour.

A single global temperature… claimed to be rising… is ‘virtue science’ . Same with rising sea levels… historically insignificant changes… yet people build on flood plains and in swamps… what do they expect???

Human consciences / egos/ pride…are continuing to justify their lack of responsible common sense…

A very interesting book and read…

We are not short of grain on earth… just short of common sense… and long on greed!

No farmer went broke making a good profit!!!

Cheers

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.