• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta oats

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta oats

Just wondering if anyone is seeing any interesting oat bids in the Edmonton region for delivery before Christmas. Best I have come up is 3.35/bu. Since deflation does not exist, I can't believe bids are back to 2019/20 levels. I have some tying up my truck as the bin is full so would like to move this fall.

I sent you a pm from a text I received.
    Personally I need over 6 to make any money after replacement acreage input costs for next year.

Comment

Holy cow, a month ago $5.50-$6

Comment

$3.75 Camrose Viterra October. Can't believe 1/3 of high last year for light oats.

Comment

Imagine outside of dedicated areas oat acres will severely decline next year but prices won’t recover till later next year or possibly early the year after that. Happens every time oat prices spike. Such an easily flooded market and end users know this. My oats are getting a birthday and I’ll probably grow more next year lol.

Comment

Those numbers don’t pay the bills, don’t give them away. Looks like lots of people contracted so that needs to get through the system. Still lots of demand for oats, and falling CAD will make them attractive for feed too. Locally they are now offering $4.50 for feed and $4.50 for milling, same price! I am holding.

Comment

I saw more oats from the road this summer than ever before in my life.
              Took off early and she gone.

Comment

I have lots of oats also , they are not going anywhere until the get price competitive withe barley
                Barley price per tonne is 370 dollars take 30 bucks of a tonne for being oats would be 340 a tonne or 5.25 per bushel.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...